Continued entries/extra info

[page] 28

[Kinneil Church Continued]
Prior to the middle of the 17th Century Kinniel was the name of the parish but the inhabitants
of Borrowstounness having built a church for themselves the town was created a
separate parish. In 1669 the Duke of Hamilton procured an act of parliament for unit [uniting]
the two districts and since that time the old landward church of Kinniel has been negl [neglected]
though the burying ground remains. -- Fullarton's Gazetteer of Scotland.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Moira L- Moderator, ethne30

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.