Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/29/21/5

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
KELSO (town) Kelso County Map
New Statistical Account
Map of Scotland
Fullertons Gazetteer
009.04 [Continued from page 4]
The Town Hall is a large edifice of two stories; the ground floor open in piazzas; the front adorned with a pediment supported by four Ionic pillars; the summit displaying a handsome balustrade, & Sending aloft a conspicous lanthorn and cupola, surmounted by a vane. The Bridge, leading off from the end of Bridge St. to the small suburb of Maxwellheugh, was commenced in 1800, and finished in 1803 - at a cost of £18,000. Its length, including the approaches is 494 feet; its width between the parapets is 25 feet - and its height above the bed of the river 42 feet. It consists of 5 elliptical arches, each 72 feet in span, with intervening piers each 14 feet. The Bridge is built of beautiful light Colored polished stone, exhibits on each side six sets
[Continued on page 6]

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 4
Town of Kelso
[Signed] W Beatty

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, Margaret Litchfield

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.