List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
CANDERSIDE BRIDGE Canderside Bridge Thos. Hamilton, Inspector of Poor.
John Brown, Woodlands.
John Muter, East Watstone.
J. Christie Wsqr, Road Surveyor.
Jame Leishman, Roadman
024.06 A large viaduct or bridge over the "Cander Water", on the Edinburgh and Ayr T. P. Road. It was erected in 1827, and bears the date cut on it, on the north side. The name is taken from a farm near it in Dalserf Parish. It is well known as "Canderside Bridge", in the neighbourhood. It is a County Bridge.
NEW STREET [Stonehouse] 024.06 Not on this page....see page OS1/21/55/37
SODOM HILL Sodom Hill. Wm. Smillie, Canderside: Dalserf Parish.
James Miller, Tenant.
Thos. Hamilton, Inspector of Poor
A little hill South of the "Roman Camp" and well known by the name, the origin of which, is uncertain. It is on the property of J. Lockart Esqr.
THE CROSS 024.06 Not on this page...see page OS1/21/55/37
WOODLANDS Woodlands Valuation Roll.
Voter's List.
John Brown, Occupier.
024.06 S small farm steading on the side of the Edinburgh and Ayr T. P. Road, about 8 chains south of Canderside Bridge. It is the property of a Mr Walker.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

w smith

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.