List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Fetteresso Castle 017.02 [continued from page 230]
quadrangle, and was adorned by eight slender towers, one of which only now remains. The principal entrance was at what is now the back of the edifice, where, at a subsequent period a lobby and Staircase were added, by which the doors, which still exist were excluded from exterior view. On the lintel of one of these are the arms of the Earl Marischal with the date 1671, and over a second door on a similar stone, are the initials of the Earl and his second wife the Countess Anne, thus EWM / CAM. It was at the former of these doors that the Chevalier de St George was proclaimed King of Great Britain as James VIII on his arrival from France in 1715."
(Lecture on Fetteresso Castle by R, Duthie)
Fetteresso Castle is now in good repair and occupied by the proprietor, R.W. Duff Esqr M.P. [Member of Parliament]
[signed] B. Render
Corpl. R.E. [Corporal Royal Engineers]
Dove Cot Dove Cot
Dove Cot
Dove Cot
Estate Plan
A.W. Kinnear Esqr (Factor)
Mr R, Duthie (Stonehaven)
017.02 A circular Dove Cot near Fetteresso Castle. This building has an ancient appearance and is supposed to be of the same date as the old portions of the Castle. -
[initialled] B.R.

Continued entries/extra info

[page] 231
Parish of Fetteresso

[Marginal Note Fetteresso Castle] -- Sketch of the ancient
portion of Fetteresso
Castle. See portioned
colored red on Trace
[initialled] B.R.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Moira L- Moderator, Alison James- Moderator

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.