Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/19/5/31

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Church (Remains of) Site of Church & Ruins
Site of Church & Ruins
Site of Church & Ruins
Revt [Reverend] John Glegg, Manse
Revt [Reverend] James G. Small.
Mr Alexander Carr. Bailie
025.02 The site and ruins of the parish church which was used as such uptil 1837, when the present Church was opened for public worship. It then fell into disuse and ruin, one gable with belfry &c. still remains entire, with the grave yard adjoining which is still in use.
Cross Cross
Cross
Cross
Market Cross
Revt [Reverend] John Glegg
Revt [Reverend] James G. Small
Mr Alexander Carr
Statistical Account. 1843
025.02 The market cross of the burgh which consists of a column of stone about 14 feet high. with a ball on the top of it which bears the date of 1737. It is Surrounded at the base by a flight of steps in the form of an Octagon, and apparently of considerable antiquity
Post Office Post Office
Post Office
Post Office
Name on board
Revt [Reverend] John Glegg
Mr. Alexander Carr.
025.02 An ordinary dwelling house shop &c. where a branch post office is at present held Mr William Mollison. Dean of Guild, is the postmaster

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 31
Parish of Bervie

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Trondragirl- Moderator, Dave Thow

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.