OS1/17/46/37

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
ST MARY'S CHAPEL (Roman Catholic) [Beauly] St. Mary's Chapel (Roman Catholic)
St. Mary's Chapel (Roman Catholic)
St. Mary's Chapel (Roman Catholic)
Mr. Fraser Inspector of Poor Beauly
Mr. Thomas Fraser Blacksmith Beauly
Mr. A. McKay Joiner Beauly
002 This name applies to a Catholic Chapel situated at the north end of the village of Beauly. It is a handsome building two storeys in height, slated and has sittings for about four hundred people. on the property of the Right Hon. [Honourable] Lord Lovat, and erected about the year 1864.
PRIORY (In Ruins) [Beauly] Priory (In Ruins)
Priory (In Ruins)
Priory (In Ruins)
Priory (In Ruins)
Priory (In Ruins)
Extracts from Parish
Statistical Accounts
Mr Fraser Inspector of Poor Beauly
Mr Thomas Fraser Blacksmith Beauly
002 This name applies to the ruins of a Priory situated at the east end of the village of Beauly, It belongs to the order of Valliscaulium, a reformed portion of the Cistercians, following the rule of St. Bennet. who were brought into Scotland in the beginning of the 13th Century by Malvoison, Bishop of St. Andrews. The priory was founded by. Please see over

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 57
County of Inverness -- Parish of Kilmorack

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Bizzy- Moderator, SueHamilton