List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Remains of Hospital and Site of Red Friars' Convent (Continued) [continued from page 55]
the Rent Roll of the property of the hospital made out in 1581 the revenue of the hospital appears to be considerable. - Whether the house or building used as an hospital after the Reformation was a separate building from that of the Convent of Red Friars or whether the hospital and Convent consisted of the same building cannot now be determined but it is generally believed that the monastery or convent was either adjoining the hospital partly on the site now occupied by the catholic chapel or was part of the building of the hospital itself.
The following gentlemen resident in Dundee and who are well known as men of superior knowledge but more especially in antiquarian research were consulted concerning this hospital, & convent, viz Charles Roger Librarian, &c, Dundee Library Mr. James Thomson author of History of Dundee and William Reid Esqr. Writer also several others among whom may be mentioned Revd. [Reverend] S. Keenan, Revd. [Reverend] G. Gilfillan and Colin Symers Esqr.
[continued on page 57]

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 56
Town of Dundee

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Alison James- Moderator, Iain496

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.