Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 40 [Loose Item - Page 1 of 2 of a Letter from Mr. John Sang, Writer and Factor to Captain J. Bayly of O.S.O. [Ordnance Survey Office] regarding changing a name of a property. The enclosure referred to is on pages 35, 36 & 37]

Kirkcaldy 10 May 1854


The enclosed letter from Mr. Anderson of Luscar refers to a small village of 20 or 30 houses situated on the Saline road about two miles west from Dunfermline called on the Fife map Goukhall. This is supposed not to be the real name of the place, at all events it is not a desirable one and it would confer a great favour on the villagers as well as the [continued on Page 41]

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.


  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.