Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 20
Parish of St Andrews

"Bishop Kennedy the Successor of Wardlaw imitating his noble example founded and endowed the College of St Salvator conferring upon it the tiends of the parishes of Cults, Kemback, Dunino, Fortiviot, and Kilmany, and some chapelries which all belonged to the See. By the first foundation charter it was to consist of a principal six fellows and six poor scholars. By the second which is dated 1458 it was to consist of a doctor, a licentiate and a bachelor in theology, four masters of arts and six poor scholars, who were to be taught the speculative sciences. They were by several royal grants freed from all taxes and tributes and the founder by a contract with the city obtained to his college many privileges". Leighton's Hist. [History] of Fife vol. [volume] 3 p. [page] 24

Transcriber's notes

It is unclear if the material on this page is intended as a continuation of the Description of College Church on page 19

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.


  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.