List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
CORN MILL [Preston] Preston Mill Mr Hillhouse Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster East Linton
Mr. John Richardson Farmer Drylawhill
011 A corn mill in the Village of Preston, worked by water belonging to Sir Thomas B Hepburn Bart [Baronet] of Smeaton
CHURCH on the Site of St Baldred's Kirk Preston Kirk (Ph. [Parish] Mr Hillhouse Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster East Linton
Mr. D. Bonnar Free Ch. [Church] Schoolmaster East Linton
006 A plain Stone building built in 1770, and repaired and considerably enlarged in 1824. It Contains about 800 Sittings, all of which were originally free and divided among the heritors, but they have given up many of the Sittings for the use of poorer Classes, about fifty one let for the sum of 1/- [1 shilling] each per annum. The glebe including garden, and Site of Manse and offices, consists of about eight Scotch acres. The whole stipend is 18 chalders with £8.6.8 for Communion elements. Average hearers about 500, one third of whom are Communicants. The Revd. [Reverend] J. Porteous Ph. [Parish] Minister.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 72
List of Names collected by J. McDiarmid C.A. [Civilian Assistant]
Plan 11A Trace 1
Parish of Prestonkirk

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

DANIALSAN, as@electroniccottage.co.uk