List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
CHURCH formerly Church of St Mary [Monymusk] Church (supposed remains of) Priory Mr James Porter
Rev. [Reverend] Thomas Dawson
Rev. [Reverend] Alexander Ogilvie
063 This old edifice is situated on the east side of the village. There is very little information to be gleaned in the neighbourhood concerning it; further than that, it is supposed to have been a Chapel, attached to the Priory, which, according to Buchanan, was founded by Malcolm Canmore, in the 11th Century. In 1825, there was a wing added to the north side it; nine feet taken off the tower; the old windows closed up, and new, and somewhat larger ones put in. The door in the tower, which has not been interfered with, is low, and very narrow; and has all the appearance of Antiquity about it.
"The parish Church stands east side of the Village. The date of its erection is unknown, but it is supposed to have been built in the 11th century when the priory was founded here
[continued on page 34]

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 33
County of Aberdeen -- Parish of Monymusk

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, June Lobban

  Location information for this page.