List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Revd. [Reverend] D. Fleming
Henry Caddell Esq
001 [Situation] In the northern end of the Ph. [Parish] of Carriden

This is a plain stone building Surrounded by a Graveyard, and surmounted by a Belfry; it is Situated in the small Village or Hamlet of Cuffabouts and is well sheltered by Some large trees. This Church was Erected in 1766 -- at which date the old Church was removed. The Pulpit is of Oak and was removed from the old Church; it was Originally brought from Holland, and has the date 1655 Carved thereon. The number of attendants & communicants Varies so much that the Minister Cannot give the average with any degree of accuracy. There are no Rolls Kept.

Continued entries/extra info

[page] 30
Sheet 1 No. 8 -- Trace 1 -- Parish of Carriden

[Note] -- "The church stands upon the coast distant about two miles
from the eastern and southern and one mile from the western
extremity of the [parish] and only one or two families Can be said to be
at a distance of more than two miles from it. It was built
in 1766 the old church having stood about half a mile distant
in close proximity to the mansion house of Carriden where
the old churchyard still remains." -- - New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] of Linlithgowshire page 73

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Moira L- Moderator, Allanna

  Location information for this page.