List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Joass.
Mr. A. Bain.
Mr. Matheson.
104 This name applies to a small district situated about mid-way between the mound, and Lairg, Railway stations. There are about ten or twelve farm steadings in the district, some of medium size and slated, others small and thatched. There is also a Public house, and Post office, under the same roof, and adjacent to the latter buildings there are two mills one a corn and the other a woollen mill. The whole is on the property of his Grace the Duke of Sutherland.
CHURCH (Site of) [Rovie] Site of Church
Site of Church
Rev. [Reverend] J. M. Joass.
Mr. Hall, farmer, Blarich, Rogart.
104 This name applies to the site of the old parish church of Rogart, the date of its erection is unknown. It was repaired A.D. 1610 by Sir Robert Gordon & fell into disuse about A.D. 1777 when the present Parish Church was erected.
The site was pointed out by several of the inhabitants and no Dedicatory name can be obtained.

Continued entries/extra info

[page] 32

County of Sutherland, Parish of Rogart

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Trevor J Graham

  Location information for this page.