List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
McDuff's Monument
McDuff's Monument
McDuff's Monument
Revd Dr [Reverend Doctor] Crombie
Mr William Keay
Mr James Neil
J. Condie Esqr.
098 This name is applied to a structure built in 1823 by the late Alexander McDuff, Esqr., for the purpose of ornament. It is merely a single wall 15 inches thick, and 20 feet in height, having its top embattled. Its shape is semicircular in the middle, having two arms or projecting walls, of 15 feet each in length, extending at right angles to each other. Situated on high ground, it commands a very extensive view of Strathmore and the surrounding district. It has been recently repaired by the present Alexander McDuff, Esqr., of Bonhard, and intended to be preserved in memory of his father, by whom it was erected.
The following inscription is on a stone near its top:- A1823M.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 93
Parish of Scone

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Bizzy- Moderator, Brenda Pollock

  Location information for this page.