List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
SCHOOL [Drumelzier] School Parish School Parish William Paterson Teacher
James Stodart
016 [Situation] About 1/4 of A Mile S.W. [South West] of the Church
A small school house at the South Side of the Village erected in 1821. The average attendance is 24 viz. 12 boys & 12 girls. The Teacher is Mr William Paterson, whose Salary is 32£ with House and garden, the Fees account to 10£ average per Annum.
DRUMMELZIER MILL (Corn) Drummelzier Mill (Corn) William Patterson Teacher
James Stodart Farmer
016 [Situation] Immedately South of the School
A Corn and Barly Mill at the South Side of the Village. Wrought by Water power and situated on Drummelzier Burn. It is occupied by John Veitch and the property of John White Esqr. of Netherurd.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 17
Parish of Drummelzier -- Sheet 16 No 5 Trace 3

Hunt Law [crossed out] See Page 44

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Bizzy- Moderator, P Wills

  Location information for this page.