Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/22/2/62

Continued entries/extra info

Names taken from Fullarton's Gazetteer
Ardclach........................................................ -- A parish
Findhorn river
Dulcie Bridge.................................................. -- See Old Stat. [Statistical] Account for Dulcy Bridge of written
Tominarroch................................................... -- written
bridge of Relugas.......................................... -- Daltulich Bridge written
Relugas......................................................... -- In adjoining Parish
Tarnaway...................................................... -- In adjoining Parish
Cairn
Sculptured tablet, having a rude cross & many Runic Knots.. -- Written
Farness -- Should not this be Fairness See N. Stat. Acc. [New Statistical Account] -- Ferness
Letham......................................................... -- The seat of Mr. Brodie Be very particular about the
..................................................................... -- spelling of this name as the foregoing authorities spell
..................................................................... -- it differently. Get the proprietors mode of spelling

In replying to remarks on Antiquities &c. in the
parish; the Superintendent of Examiners will......... -- Information supplied
supply all the local information he can obtain......... -- as far as obtainable
and state what steps he has taken to obtain........ -- E. Ridsdale 2nd Corpl R.E. [Corporal Royal Engineers]
such information.
Signed
F. E. Pratt
Captn R.E. [Captain Royal Engineers]

Extracts from the Revd. [Reverend] Lauchlan Shaw's History of the
Province of Moray dated 1775
The parish of Ardclach lies on both sides of the river (Findhorn)
On the east side of the river are the lands of Ardrie, Logie & ...... -- written
Ferness and Aitnach; and above these is Dunern......................... -- written
Close by the church on the opposite side of the brook, is
Glenernie. In 1526 Dallasbrachtie, Craigroy, Ardrie....................... -- Airdrie written
and Logiegown were the feu property of James Dunbar
of Cunzie and Kilbuyack. Mr. James Grant of
Ardnellie purchased Logie and Arderie. The lands
of Fernes and Aitnach were disponed to Kilravock by
[continued on page 63]

[Page] 62

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Alison James- Moderator, Bizzy- Moderator

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.