List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Dalzell House
Dalzell House
Dalzell House
Dalzell House
Dalyell(oldest) House Dalzell and Dalziel
Dalziel House
Dalziel House
Dalziel House
Dalziel House
Dalziel House
Dalziel House
Captain Hamilton M.P. Proprietor
Estate Map
J. Christie Estate Steward
Reverend Joseph Loudon Parish Minister
Church Records prior to 1797- from 1644( the oldest books in possession of the Parish)
Title Deeds
Valuation Roll
Forrest's County Map
Johnston Map
Chalmers Caledonia
New Statistical Account
Fullerton's Gazeteer
018.02 "Dalziel House was built in1649. Attached to the house is an old tower formerly called "Peel House" without date."
New Statistical Account.
There are fine ornamental grounds, extensive orchards & a good garden as well as an estate attached to this house. The antique portions of Dalzell House are shown on Exmn: Trace by line across. The date 1649 appears on the west side , adjoining the Peel House over a door which is now built in. There is a round tower or turret at the south west angle of the house & within there are several stone stairs, some of which are circular or winding. The Peel ( upon the authority of Captain Hamilton) was built in the 14th Century. The walls of this tower-
PEEL [Dalzell House] 018.02

Continued entries/extra info

Header; Co. Lanark Dalziel Parish [Page] 67

Transcriber's notes

Continued on page 68

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Larry mag

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.