List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
CHURCH [S of Dalserf] Church New Statistical Account.
Revd. Dr. P. Rorison, Parish Minister.
Thomas Fram, Grave-digger.
John Gibson, Schoolmaster.
Robert Forest, Auldton.
Chalmer's Caledionia.
018.15 "The present church bears date 1665, on a small stone in southern wall".
New Statistical Account.
This church is supposed to be of a much older date than that cut on the stone, which is now obscured by plaster. It is on the east side that the stone bearing the date is fixed. It is the Parish Church of Dalserf, and has been repaired at different periods, the bell in the belphy was taken from the old belphy , over the arched gate, at "Auldton". On each side of the church there are stone steps leading to the upper part of it. Incumberhent - Revd N. P. Rorison

Continued entries/extra info

"Dalserf parish was, in early times, a chapel by, which belonged to the ..... Parish of Cadzow, now called Hamilton. It was called the chapelry of Machan; and the district, which was served by the chaplin of machan, was called machanshire . The chapel of machan, as a pertinent of the church of cadzow was granted by David 1st, to the bishops of Glasgow, - The church of cadzow, with its chapel of machan , was constructed and ...... of the cathedial church of Glasgow, and formed the appr private benefired of the deaw, The chapel of machan was established as a separate parish; but the precise time when that took place, cannot be easily ascertained.
A parish church having been built, at Dalserf, the parish was of consey named called Walserf - chalmer's Cal Vol 3 P685

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

w smith

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.