Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/20/61/57

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
MILL BURN John McCall n & s. Corsock Inn
David Hyslop n & s. Nether Bar
025 A small stream flowing out of Corsock Loch and running in an easterly direction [falls] into the Water of Urr, In its course it passes by and works Corsock Mill, hence its name
MILLBURN BRIDGE John McCall n & s. Corsock Inn David Hyslop n & s. Nether Bar 025 A Small Stone built County Bridge of one arch over the mill Burn on the line of road from Minnyhive to Castledouglas.
SAW MILL John McCall n & s. Corsock Inn David Hyslop n & s. Nether Bar 025 A small neat stone building in good repair with machinary for sawing timber all in good working order. It is the property of Major Fletcher of Corsock.

Continued entries/extra info

List of Names collected by Thomas Smith C. A. [Civilian Assistant] [...] -- [page] 57
Plan 25C Trace 3
Parish of Parton

Objects
Mill Burn - A Burn
Millburn Bridge [Co.] [County] Stone one arch, - A Bridge
Saw Mill - A Mill

[Signed] J Smith c/a [civilian assistant] 6th April 50 [1850]

Transcriber's notes

Name of collector almost illegible.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

raschdorff

  Location information for this page.