List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Site of CHAPEL [Dalbog] Site of Chapel
Site of Chapel
Site of Chapel
Site of Chapel
Rev. [Reverend] C.S. Adie
Rev. [Reverend] R. Inglis
Land of the Lindsays
Robert Christison Dalbog
014 There are now no remains of this building, but the farmer of Dalbog recollects taking away the foundation, when cultivating the field, and mentions a very old woman, now dead, who recollected that four or five feet of the walls stood about the year 1760.
"The Chapelry of Dalbog was on the east side of the parish, due west from Neudos, The time of its suppression is unknown, and, though no vestige of any house remains, the site of the place of worship is still called the Chapel Kirk shed by old people, and, in memory of an aged informant, a fine well, and hamlet of houses, graced the spot"
Land of the Lindsays.
The field is now known as "Chapel Field" [Initialled] T.B

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 59
Co. [County] Forfar -- Parish of Edzell

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Alison James- Moderator, KBMW- Moderator

  Location information for this page.