List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
[Site of St. Nicholas' Chapel continued] [continued from page 71]
also silent touching this point or its revenues, yet it is generally considered by writers & others to have been but of Small dimensions & poorly endowed. This site is described by Dr. [Doctor] Small in his Statistical acccount of Dundee in 1792, in Thomson's Hist: [History] of Dundee 1847 & also in Fullarton's Gazetteer & Mackays Hist: [History] of Dundee Robert Grey Esqr. of the Earl's Lodging Mr. Callanan, Shipbuilder both of Dundee, each certify to this site as having within their recollection been used for public Slaughter houses as asserted by Thomson in his History & they are both aware of its being traditionally reputed, the site of St. Nicholas Chapel. The South[ern] slope of the rock which is connected on every other side with the main land is still washed by the Tay & was known as St. Nicholas Craig

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 72

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

KimHarsley-ProjectOfficer, Alison James- Moderator, Iain496

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.