OS1/14/14/1 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 1
PARISH OF CARMYLLIE
SHEET 39 No 15 & 16.
SHEET 40 No 13.
SHEET 45 No 2.3.4.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.14.15. & 16.
SHEET 46 No 1.5 & 9.
INDEX
Names of Objects -- Page
Carmyllie Ph. [Parish] -- 3
Blackhillock -- 5
Backmuir -- 11
Berryhillock -- 12
Berryholm Quarry -- 12
Back Boath -- 13
Boath Hill -- 13
Burnhead -- 26
Bonnycheer -- 28
Birns -- 33
Blackden Bridge -- 43
Black Den -- 45
Black Burn -- 45
Brae of Conon -- 46
Bruntfad -- 50
Cononsyth -- 6
Cockhill -- 9
Chapel Shade -- 13
Carmyllie Moor -- 18
Cotton of Westhills -- 19
Carmyllie Quarry (Disused) -- 24
Carmyllie Hill -- 24
Cauld Stane -- 27
Crofts -- 28
Crombie Den -- 48
Conon -- 29
Crombie Burn -- 48
Croftsmuir -- 30
Currend -- 32
Curleys -- 32
Chamberlain Knowe -- 34
Church on site of Our Lady's Chapel (16th Century) -- 38
Carmyllie Railway -- 43
Carnegie -- 49
Crossden Burn -- 51
Ditch -- 5
Drumygar -- 20
Denton Burn -- 6
Dilty Moss -- 31
Dykehead -- 34
Dustydrum -- 49
East Hills -- 12
East Ward -- 18
East Skichen -- 34
Elliot Water -- 42 & 45
Fairyfold Hillock -- 22
Free Church -- 23
Forehill -- 19
Graystone -- 20
Greenfield -- 21
Greenyfell Quarry (Disused) -- 24
Glentyrie -- 25
Guynd Quarries -- 25
Goats -- 43
Guynd -- 44
Guynd Den -- 44
Hayhillock -- 35
Hillhead -- 37
Harbour Den -- 44
Hawkstone -- 53
Hyndcastle Burn -- 48
Latch Quaryy -- 12
Lochlair -- 17
Laverockhall -- 27
Mid Mains -- 7
Mosston -- 11
Manse -- 23
Mains of Carmyllie -- 23
Milton of Conon -- 29
Mossend -- 31
Mossholes -- 32
Milton of Carmyllie -- 38
Milton Farm -- 38
Manse -- 41 |
|
OS1/14/14/2 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 2
INDEX Continued
Names of Objects -- Page
Mountquhir -- 42
Muirhead -- 42
North Mains -- 6
Newton -- 22
Newfolds -- 37
New Mains of Guynd -- 43
Podge School -- 19
Quarryhead -- 25
Redford -- 27
Roman Camp (Remains of ) -- 45
Smithyton -- 5
Summerhill -- 6
South Mains -- 7
Site of St Lawrence's or Boath Chapel -- 14
Slade -- 15
Slade Quarry -- 15
Smallburn -- 17
Site of Carmyllie Castle -- 21
School -- 22
Site of Cairn -- 35
Site of Glesterlaw Market -- 40
Site of Carnegie Castle -- 41
Sitsundry Moor -- 43
Saughmont -- 49
Tillyhiot -- 29
Tutties Nook -- 37
The Temple -- 45
Villabank -- 43
Westhills -- 11
Whin Inn -- 15
Windyedge -- 16
Ward Nook -- 20
West Skichen -- 33
Wedderswell -- 47 |
|
OS1/14/14/3 |
CARMYLLIE |
Carmyllie
Carmylie
Carmyllie
Carmylie
Carmylie
Carmylie
Carmyllie
Carmylie
Carmyllie
Carmyllie
Carmyllie
Carmyllie
Carmyllie
Carmyllie
Carmylie
Carmylie
Carmylie |
Sheriff's List of parishes
New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account]
Johnston's Co. [County] Map
Old Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account]
Fullarton's Gazetteer
Oliver & Boyd's Almanack
Co. [County] Map in New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account]
Spottiswoode Miscellany vol [volume] 1 p [page] 341
Valn. [Valuation] Roll
Mr. Taylor - Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell Ph. [Parish] Minister
Session Records
Mr. Collier late Factor to Lord Panmure
Map attached to Lands of the Lyndsays
On Carmyllie Railway Waggon
Rental of the Panmure estates
Mr. Waugh |
039; 040; 045; 046 |
[Situation] In the south eastern portion of Forfarshire
A parish in Forfarshire extending in length about 4 miles and about 3 in breadth bounded on the north by Kirkden and part of Dunnichen parish on the east by inverkeillor Arbirlot and St. Vigeans on the south by Arbirlot Panbride & Monikie and on the west by Monikie Guthrie and Dunnichen. It is a hilly tract of Country in the range of the Sidlaws, but the hills are capable of cultivation to their summits. There are some moors and marshes. A part of Dilty Moss lies on the western skirts of this parish. There are large quarries of grey slate and pavement stones which have been wrought for centuries. Carmyllie was not originally the name of a parish but of a castle or stronghold which had long been the residence of the proprietors of certain lands in its neighbourhood. This parish is in the presbytery of Arbroath, Synod of Angus and Mearns. There are no detached portions of Carmyllie within or connected with any other parish or place nor are there any detached portions of any other parish within Carmyllie |
|
|
OS1/14/14/3 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 3
Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/4 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 4
[Blank page] |
|
OS1/14/14/5 |
SMITHYTON |
Smithyton |
Mr. John Rait, Factor Cononsyth
David Young, Occupier
Mr. James Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll 1857-58 |
039 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
A Farm house, with farm attached occupied by David Young and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/5 |
DITCH [a farm] |
Ditch |
Mr John Rait, Factor, Cononsyth
James Clarke Occupier
Mr. James Taylor, Ph. [Parish ] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll 1857-58 |
039 |
[Situation] Close to the north boundary of the parish.
A farm house with offices and farm attached, occupied by James Clarke and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/5 |
BLACKHILLOCK |
Blackhillock |
Mr. John Rait, Factor
Mr. James Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll, 1857-58 |
039 |
[Situation] Near the north boundary of the parish.
A small farm house with a few acres of land attached, occupied by Robert Davidson & property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/5 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 5
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 39 Plan 16 Trace 1 & 2 & 3 |
|
OS1/14/14/6 |
SUMMERHILL |
Summerhill |
Mr. John Rait, Factor
Mr. James Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll 1857-58 |
039 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
This name applies to two small Cottages, occupied by Agricultural laborers and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/6 |
CONONSYTH |
Cononsyth |
Mr. John Rait, Occupier
Mr. James Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll, 1857-58 |
039 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
A farm house, with ornamental ground in front, Office houses and farm attached occupied by John Rait and property of Robert Smart Esqre. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/6 |
NORTH MAINS |
North Mains |
Mr. John Rait, Factor
Donald Falconer, Occupier
Mr. James Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll, 1857-58 |
039 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
A farmhouse, with offices and farm attached occupied by Donald Falconer and property of Robert Smart Esqre |
|
|
OS1/14/14/6 |
DENTON BURN |
|
For Authorities &c. See Name Book for Dunnichen Ph. [Parish] |
|
|
|
|
OS1/14/14/6 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 6
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 39 Plan 16 Traces 4, 3 & 6 |
|
OS1/14/14/7 |
MID MAINS |
Mid Mains |
Mr. John Rait, Factor
Alexander Ford, Occupier
Mr. James Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll 1857-58 |
039 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
A farmhouse, with offices and farm attached occupied by Alexander Ford and property of Robert Smart Esqre |
|
|
OS1/14/14/7 |
SOUTH MAINS |
South Mains
South Mains
South Mains
South Mains
Southmains |
Mr John Rait, Factor
James Gouk, Occupier
Mr. James Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll 1857-58
Valuation Roll 1856-7 |
039 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
A farmhouse with offices and farm attached, occupied by James Gouk and property of Robert Smart Esqre. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/7 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 7
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 39 Plan 16 Trace 6 |
|
OS1/14/14/8 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 8
[Blank page] |
|
OS1/14/14/9 |
COCKHILL |
Cockhill
Cockhill
Cockhill
Clockhill |
Mr. Taylor Parish School Master
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Rent receipt for 1856
Valn. [Valuation] Roll 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the NW. [North West] corner of the parish.
A substantial dwelling house with commodious offices, attached, the Property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/9 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 9
Sheet 45 Plan 2 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/10 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 10
[Blank page] |
|
OS1/14/14/11 |
WEST HILLS |
West Hills
West Hills
West Hills
W. [West] Hills
Westhills |
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Mr. Taylor Parish Schoolmaster
Rent receipt for 1858
Johnston's Co. [County] Map
Valn. [Valuation] Rolls 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the northern portion of the parish.
A substantial Cottage with commodious out houses the Property of Lord Panmure - This name also applies to a farm situated about 20 chains to the south. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/11 |
BACKMUIR |
Backmuir
Backmuir
Backmuir
Backmuir
Brackmuir |
Rent receipt for 1857
Mr. Taylor Parish School master
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Ainslies Co. [County] Map
Valn. [Valuation] Roll 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the northern portion of the parish.
A comfortable dwelling house, with suitable out houses, the Property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/11 |
MOSSTON |
Mosston
Mosston
Mosston
Mosstown
Mosston of Carmyllie |
Mr. Taylor Parish Schoolmaster
Johnstons County Map
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Ainslies Co. [County] Map
Valn. [Valuation] Roll 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the northern portion of the parish.
This name applies to two Cottages lying about 30 chains to the south of the Farm of Blackmuir |
|
|
OS1/14/14/11 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 11
Sheet 45 Plan 3 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/12 |
EAST HILLS |
East Hills
East Hills
East Hills
E. [East] Hills
East Hills |
Rent receipt for 1858
Mr. Taylor Parish Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Johnston's Co. [County] map
valn. [valuation] Rolls 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the northern portion of the parish.
A good dwelling house with the usual outhouses attached, the Property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/12 |
BERRYHOLM QUARRY |
Berryholm Quarry
Berryholm Quarry
Berryholm Quarry |
Mr. Alexander Doig Grocer
Mr. Anderson
James Boath Redford |
045 |
[Situation] In the northern portion of the parish.
A large Quarry situated about 20 Chains south from the farm of East Hills and employing about 40 men. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/12 |
LATCH QUARRY |
Latch Quarry
Latch Quarry
Latch Quarry |
Mr. A. Doig Grocer
Mr. E. Anderson
Mr. James Boath Redford |
045 |
[Situation] At the west side of Berryholm Quarry.
A large Quarry a little to the West of Berryholm Quarry, employing from 40 to 50 Workmen |
|
|
OS1/14/14/12 |
BERRYHILLOCK |
Berryhillock
Berryhillock
Berryhillock |
Mr. Taylor, Schoolmaster
Mr. Kydd, occupier
Mr. Gowans, East Ward |
045 |
[Situation] In the northern portion of the parish.
A small cottage with pendicle of land attached. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/12 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 12
Sheet 45 Plan 3 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/13 |
BACK BOATH |
Back Boath
Back Boath
Back Boath
Backboath
Back Boath
Back Boath
Back Boath |
Mr. James Kydd, occupier
William Johnstone, Grieve
Val [Valuation] Roll /57-8
Mr. James Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Val: [Valuation] Roll /56 and 7
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell, Ph. [Parish] Minister
Mr. Black Clerk to Mr. Waugh Carlogie Ho. [House] |
045 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
A farm house, with outbuildings &c. occupied by Mr. James Kydd, and property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/13 |
BOATH HILL |
Boath Hill
Boath Hill
Boath Hill |
Mr. James Kydd Back Boath
William Johnstone Back Boath
Mr. James Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster |
045 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
An arable hill on the farm of Back Boath. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/13 |
CHAPEL SHADE |
Chapel Shade
Chapel Shade
Chapel Shade
Chapel Shed |
William Johnston, Grieve
Mr. James Kydd Back Boath
D. Miller Esqr. Arbroath
New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] |
045 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
This name applies to the western portion of a large arable field on the farm of Back Boath. The space included within the blue dots (marked on trace) formed the field in which the old chapel stood |
|
|
OS1/14/14/13 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 13
Sheet 45.4 trace 1. -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/13A |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 13A
Back Boath
From what the Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell states, there is no doubt but
the name Back Boath ought to be written in two words -
not in one word. He says it is called Back Boath
in contradistinction to the Boath in Panbride Ph. [Parish]
This makes the case the same as if it was called
North Boath, the words North and Back being
mainly distinctive terms
See papers attached to N [Name] Sheet of "Site of Chapel" at
Back Boath, in which the Chapel is termed the
"Chapel of Both" - not the Chapel of Back Boath.
this term Back seems to have been introduced in later
times for the purpose of distinguishing the farms from
each other.
[signed] J. Keely
2nd Cor: R.E. [2nd Corporal Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/13B |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 13B
See list of antiquities, in which it is stated that at one time
several large upright stones were upon the top of
Boath Hill. These stones were believed to have been a
druidical temple, and were called the Kemple
or Temple stones - See New Stat. Acct [Statistical Account]
Mr Kydd, occupier of Back Boath, whose father also lived on the
farm, knows nothing respecting the stones referred to above.
He says if any stones were on the hill, such as those mentioned
above, his father must have recovered them when cultivating
the land. He knows nothing about them; nor could get
any information respecting them from any parties living
in the neighbourhood, of whom enquiry was
made.
[signed] J. Keely
2nd Cor: R.E. [Corporal Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/14 |
Site of St Lawrence's, or BOATH CHAPEL |
Chapel (Site of)
Chapel (Site of)
Chapel of Both
Chapel of Both
Chapel of Boith |
Mr. James Kydd Back Boath
William Johnston Back Boath
Lands of the Lindsays (page 184)
Arbroath Cartulary
Brechin Cartulary |
045 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish, A few chains south side of Back Boath.
A chapel at one time stood on the farm of Back Boath, a short distance S.W. [South West] of the dwelling house, the site of which was pointed out by Mr. Kydd, (occupier of the farm), and is marked on trace. There are no remains of the old building on the ground. The foundation was dug up about 40 years ago and used for building dykes &c. Some of the hewn stones are built into the farm steading.
The old chapel was dedicated to Saint Lawrence. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/14 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 14
Sheet 45.4 trace 1 -- Parish of Carmyllie
[Notes]
See Extracts annexed for reasons for writing this name as now
written on plan.
There was a Chapel in the time of popery on the farm of
Back-boath that part of the parish which was cut off from
the parish of Inverkeillor. Some of the hewn work of it is still
to be seen in the walls of the farm-steading and the spot where it stood
is still pointed out in an adjoining field still called the
Chapel Shed New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] of Forfarshire p. [page] 357 |
|
OS1/14/14/15 |
WHIN INN |
Whin Inn |
William Johnston, Back Boath
George Hodge, Slade
James Boath, P. [Post] Master Reford
Mr. James Taylor: Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster |
045 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish
A small Cottage on the fam of Slade, the Property of Lord Panmure This was at one time a Public House The land on the East side of this House is covered with Whins or Furze, from which the name originated |
|
|
OS1/14/14/15 |
SLADE |
Slade |
George Hodge Grieve
James Boath Redford
William Johnston, Back Boath
Val: [Valuation] Roll 57-8 |
045 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
A farm house with offices and farm attached in the possesion of Messrs. Mitchel & Co. [Company] and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/15 |
SLADE QUARRY |
Slade Quarry |
Robert Wynd, Foreman
James Boath, Redford
George Hodge, Slade
Mr. James Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster |
045 |
[Situation] In the north end of the parish.
An extensive Freestone Quarry on the farm of Slade, worked by Messrs. Mitchel & Co. [Company] and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/15 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 15
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 4 Trace 4 |
|
OS1/14/14/16 |
WINDYEDGE |
Windyedge |
James Boath Redford
William Crabb, Laverockhall
Val: [Valuation] Roll 57-8
Mr. James Taylor Schoolmaster (Ph [Parish]) |
045 |
[Situation] Close to the NE [North East] boundary of the parish
A small Cottage with a few acres of land attached, occupied by David Reid and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/16 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 16
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 4 Trace 5 |
|
OS1/14/14/17 |
LOCHLAIR |
Lochlair |
Valuation Roll for 1857-8
William Mill Overseer on Lochlair
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Ainslie's Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the western portion of the parish
A substantial dwelling house, with suitable outhouses, the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/17 |
SMALLBURN |
Smallburns
Smallburns
Smallburns
Smallburn
Smallburn
Smallburn
Smallburn
Smallburn
Smallburn |
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Valuation Roll for 1857-8
Valuation Roll for 1856-7
Mr. Forrest, wife of occupier
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Gow, Free Ch. [Church] Minister
Mr. Reid, Schoolmaster
Mr. Boath Postmaster
Mr. Black, Clerk to Mr. Waugh, Carlogie Ho. [House]
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the western portion of the parish.
A neat newly built dwelling house with commodious out houses attatched, the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/17 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 17
Sheet 45 Plan 6, -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/18 |
CARMYLLIE MOOR |
Carmyllie Moor
Carmyllie Moor
Carmyllie Moor |
Mr. Taylor
Mr. Gowans
Mr. Kydd |
045 |
[Situation] Nearly in the central portion of the parish
A district North of Graystone principally composed of healthy pasture. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/18 |
EAST WARD |
East Ward
East Ward
East Ward |
Rent Recript 1858
Mr. Gowans
Mr. Taylor |
045 |
[Situation] At the eastern side of Carmyllie Moor.
A small cottage with pendicle of land attached. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/18 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 18
Plan 45-7 Trace 1. 2. 3. 4. 5 & 6. -- Parish of Carmyllie. |
|
OS1/14/14/19 |
COTTON OF WEST HILLS |
Cotton of West Hills
Cotton of West Hills
Cotton of West Hills
Coteton of W. [West] Hills |
Mr. Souter, Occupier
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow Free ch. [church] Minister
Johnston's Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the north-west portion of the parish
A one story house with arable land attached which is sublet from West Hills, the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/19 |
FOREHILL |
Forehill
Forehill
Forehill |
Mrs. Souter occupier
Mr Taylor
Revd. [Reverend] Mr Gow |
045 |
[Situation] In the northern portion of the parish
A one story Farmhouse with suitable offices &c attached the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/19 |
PODGE SCHOOL |
Podge School
Podge School
Podge School |
Mr. J Reid, Master
Mr Taylor,
Revd [Reverend] Mr. Gow |
045 |
[Situation] In the northern portion of the parish.
This school is attended by about 65 children of both sexes, who are taught the first rudiments, it receives a small endowment from the Free Church Mr Reid is the master. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/19 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 19
Sheet 45.7. Trace 1. 2 & 3 -- Parish of Carmyllie.
[Note] Traces in the field |
|
OS1/14/14/20 |
DRUMYGAR |
Drumygar
Drumigar
Drumygar
Drumygar
Drummagar
Drumygar
Drumagar |
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow Free ch. [church] Minister
Mr Doig, Grocer Milton
Mr. Kydd, Newton
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell Ph. [Parish] Minister
Mr. Black Clerk to Mr. Waugh, Carlogie Ho. [House]
Ainslie's Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] Near the central portion of the parish
This name applies to a few houses, with pendicles of land attached, and inhabited principally by Quarrymen. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/20 |
GRAYSTONE |
Graystone
Graystone
Graystone
Graystone
Greystone |
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow,
Mr Taylor,
Mr Doig,
Ainslie's Co. [County] map
Valn. [Valuation] Roll of Co. [County] 1856-57 |
045 |
[Situation] In the central portion of the parish
A small Village about 1 mile west of Milton of Carmyllie, inhabited principally by weavers, it has a Free church & manse |
|
|
OS1/14/14/20 |
WARD NOOK |
Ward Nook
Ward Nook
Ward Nook
Ward |
Mr. Souter occupier
Mr Taylor
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow
Valn. [Valuation] Roll 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] A few chains west of Graystone
A substantially built two story House, with suitable offices and arable farm attached the property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/20 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 20
Sheet 45.7. Traces 3 & 4
[Page signed]
John W. Rider
Sapper R.E. [Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/21 |
GREENFIELD |
Greenfield
Greenfield
Greenfield |
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57/8
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Assessement Roll 57/8 |
045 |
[Situation] In the western part of Carmyllie Moor.
A small farm house with outhouses &c. attached. Property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/21 |
Site of CARMYLLIE CASTLE |
(Site of) Carmyllie Castle
(Site of) Carmyllie Castle
(Site of) Carmyllie Castle
(Site of) Carmyllie Castle |
Revd [Reverend] Mr Bell, Parish Minister
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow, F.C. [Free Church] Minister
Mr George Kydd, Mason
A. Jervise Esq: author of "Lands of the Lindsays" |
045 |
[Situation] Close to the NE [North East] side of Mains of Carmyllie.
This was originally the Mansion house of the Estate of Carmyllie, there are no traces of it at present, but Mr George Kydd states he was present at the digging up of the old foundation, and many of the stones are now in the outbuildings of the Mains of Carmyllie also in the walls which divide the fields, some of them have heads carved on them. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/21 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 21
Plan 45.7 trace 2 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/22 |
FAIRYFOLD HILLOCK |
Fairyfold Hillock
Fairyfold Hillock
Fairyfold Hillock |
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow Free ch. [church] Minister
Mr Taylor Parish Schoolmaster
Mr Anderson, Quarryman |
045 |
[Situation] On Carmyllie Hill.
This is a small Hillock in the S.E. [South East] corner of a [field] near the summit of Carmyllie Hill, it originally extended into the other fields around but has been gradually ploughed up, the only information to be got on the ground respecting the name, is that in olden times, the superstitious considered this the abode of fairies. Near this there once stood an old mansion called "Carmyllie Castle" since [torn down] |
|
|
OS1/14/14/22 |
SCHOOL [Newton] |
School (Parochial)
School (Parochial)
School (Parochial) |
Mr. Taylor, Master
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Gow
Mr Doig, Grocer, Milton |
045 |
[Situation] A few Chains west of Newton
This school is situated a short distance N.W. [North West] of the Parish church, it is conducted by Mr Taylor, about 70 children of both sexes attend it. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/22 |
NEWTON |
Newton
Newton
Newton |
Valuation Roll 1857&8
Mr Taylor
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow |
045 |
[Situation] Nearly in the central portion of the parish
A substantially built two story House with suitable offices and arable farm attached the property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/22 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 22
Sheet 45.7 Trace 5 -- Parish of Carmyllie
[Page signed]
John W. Rider
Sapper RE [Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/23 |
FREE CHURCH [Graystone] |
Free church
Free church
Free church |
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow Minister
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Mr Doig, Grocer Milton |
045 |
[Situation] At the west side of Graystone.
This is a newly built church with sittings for 500, there are 235 communicants, the Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow is the minister. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/23 |
MANSE [F.C. [Free Church], nr Graystone] |
Manse, Free ch. [church]
Manse, Free ch. [church]
Manse, Free ch. [church] |
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow, occupier
Mr Taylor
Mr Doig |
045 |
[Situation] At the west side of Graystone
An elegant stonebuilt two story House with garden &c attached and situated adjoining the church. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/23 |
MAINS OF CARMYLLIE |
Mains of Carmyllie
Mains of Carmyllie
Mains of Carmyllie
Mains of Carmyllie |
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow
Valuation Roll 1857&8
Mr. Taylor
Mr Kydd, occupier |
045 |
[Situation] Near the Central portion of the parish.
A substantially built two story House with suitable offices and arable farm attached the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/23 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 23
Sheet 45.7 Traces 4 & 5 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/24 |
GREENYFELL QUARRY (Disused) |
Greenyfell Quarry (Disused)
Greenyfell Quarry (Disused)
Greenyfell Quarry (Disused) |
Mr. Anderson, Quarryman
Mr Taylor Parish Schoolmaster
Mr Doig, Grocer, Milton
Revd. [Reverend] Mr Gow Free ch. [church] minister |
045 |
[Situation] In the southern side of Carmyllie Moor.
An old Quarry situated about 1/4 of a mile west of Carmyllie Hill, it has been worked for a long time. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/24 |
CARMYLLIE QUARRY (Disused) |
Carmyllie Quarry (Disused)
Carmyllie Quarry (Disused)
Carmyllie Quarry (Disused) |
Mr Anderson
Mr Taylor
Mr Doig
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow |
045 |
[Situation] In the SE [South East] side of Carmyllie Moor.
An old Quarry situated near the summit of Carmyllie Hill it has been worked a number of years. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/24 |
CARMYLLIE HILL |
Carmyllie Hill
Carmyllie Hill
Carmyllie Hill |
Mr Taylor
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow
Mr Anderson
Mr Doig |
045 |
[Situation] Near the Central portion of the parish.
A hill feature about 1/4 of mile north of Mains of Carmyllie. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/24 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 24
Sheet 45.7 Trace 5 -- Parish of Carmyllie
[Page signed]
John W. Rider
Sapper R.E. [Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/25 |
GLENTYRIE |
Glentyrie
Glentyrie
Glentyrie
Glentyre |
Val: [Valuation] Roll 57/8
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Mr. Anderson occupier
Lease 1843 |
045 |
[Situation] In the eastern portion of the parish
A substantially built house with suitable offices and an arable farm attached Property of J.A. Pierson Esq: |
|
|
OS1/14/14/25 |
QUARRYHEAD |
Quarryhead
Quarryhead
Quarryhead |
Val [Valuation] Roll 57 and 8
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Lease 1843 |
045 |
[Situation] At the south side of Guynd Quarries
This name applies to a small house close to the Guynd Quarries. The property of J.A. Pierson Esq: |
|
|
OS1/14/14/25 |
GUYND QUARRIES |
Guynd Quarries |
Mr. Anderson occupier
Mr. Doig, Grocer Milton
Mr. Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster |
045 |
[Situation] In the eastern portion of the parish
Pavement quarries on the Guynd estate worked by Mr. Anderson of Glentyrie, & property of J.A. Pierson Esq: |
|
|
OS1/14/14/25 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 25
Sheet 45.8 trace 1 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/26 |
BURNHEAD |
Burnhead
Burnhead
Burnhead |
Mr. Taylor, Schoolmaster
Mr. Duncan occupier
Mr. Boath Postmaster |
045 |
[Situation] In the eastern portion of the parish
This name applies to a small farm house, the property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/26 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 26
Sheet 45.8 trace 1. -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/27 |
REDFORD |
Redford |
Mr. James Boath, Postmaster
Mr. Anderson, Glentyrie
Val: [Valuation] Roll 56/7
Mr. Taylor, Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster |
045 |
[Situation] In the eastern portion of the parish
A Small Village, Situated on the road leading from the Milton of Carmyllie to Cononsythe. The Village is composed of about a dozen Cottages, near its northern end is the Post office where letters are received from and despatched to Arbroath daily. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/27 |
CAULD STANE |
Cauld Stane |
Mr. James Boath Postmaster
Mr. Anderson Glentyrie
William Crabb Laverockhall |
045 |
[Situation] About 27 Chains NE [North East] of Redford
A large stone situated on a rising ground on the farm of Crofts it is about 7 feet long by 4 in height, and derives its name from the Cold, and exposed place on which it stands |
|
|
OS1/14/14/27 |
LAVEROCKHALL |
Laverockhall
Laverockhall
Laverockhall
Lavorockhall
Lavrockhall |
William Crabb occupier
Mr. James Boath
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57 and 8
Val: [Valuation] Roll /56 and 7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the eastern portion of this parish.
A farm house with offices and farm attached occupied by William Crabb and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/27 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 27
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 8 Trace 2 |
|
OS1/14/14/27 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
There is a faint pencil note under Laverockhall, but difficult to read. As best poss -
'Mr Taylor says this is merely ............................................
...............Val [Valuation] roll. It ought to be Laverockhall' |
OS1/14/14/28 |
BONNYCHEER |
Bonnycheer |
Robert Kinnear Occupier
Mr. James Boath, Postmaster
Rent receipts |
045 |
[Situation] In the eastern portion of the parish
A farmhouse with office and farm of land attached occupied by Robert Kinnear and property of Lord Panmure and Alexander Pierson Esqre. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/28 |
CROFTS |
Crofts |
Mr. James Boath
Robert Kinnear Bonnycheer
William Crabb Laverockhall |
045 |
[Situation] Near to the eastern boundary of the parish.
A farmhouse with farm and offices attached occupied by Mrs. Gibson and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/28 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 28
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 8 Traces 2 & 3 |
|
OS1/14/14/29 |
TILLYHIOT |
Tillyhiot
Tillyhiot
Tillyhiot |
Rent receipt for 1858
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master |
045 |
[Situation] In the eastern portion of the parish
A substantial Cottage with commodious out houses, the Property of J Pierson Esq of The Guynd. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/29 |
MILTON OF CONON |
Milton of Conon
Milton of Conon
Milton of Conon |
Rent receipt for 1857
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master |
045 |
[Situation] In the east side of the parish
A good dwelling house, with convenient out houses attatched, the name applies also to the Corn Mill and Cottages near to the farm house. The corn mill is worked by William Miller. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/29 |
CONON |
Conon
Conon
Conon |
Rent receipt for 1858
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Valuation Roll for 1857-58 |
045 |
[Situation] In the eastern portion of the parish.
A Substantial dwelling house, with Garden and commodious outhouses attatched. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/29 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 29
Sheet 45 Plan 8 -- Parish of Carmyllie -- Traces 4 and 5 |
|
OS1/14/14/30 |
CROFTSMUIR |
Croftsmuir
Croftsmuir
Croftsmuir
Crofts Muir |
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Mr. Doig, Grocer
Valn. [Valuation] Roll 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the east end of the parish.
A small Cottage, with a few acres [of] arable and moorland attatched. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/30 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 30
Sheet 45 Plan 8 Trace 6 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/31 |
DILTY MOSS |
Dilty Moss |
Mr. David Hume East Skichen
David Lindsay Currend
Robert Strachan, Schoolmaster Hay Hillocks |
045 |
[Situation] In the western end of the parish
A Moss of Considerable extent at the West end of the Parish, a portion of which extends into the Parish of Guthrie, Detached |
|
|
OS1/14/14/31 |
MOSSEND |
Mossend |
David Lindsay Currend
David Clarke Mossholes
Robert Strachan, Schoolmaster Hay Hillocks |
045 |
[Situation] In the western side of the parish.
This name applies to four small Cottages on the East end of Dilty Moss. occupied by agricultural laborers and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/31 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 31
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 10 Trace 2 |
|
OS1/14/14/32 |
CURREND |
Currend
Currend
Currend
Currend |
David Lindsay Currend
John Martin Hay Hillocks
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57/8
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster |
045 |
[Situation] In the western side of the parish
A Small farm house with offices and a portion of land attached occupied by David Lindsay and property of Lord Panmure
About 8 chains South of this farm house is a small school in connection with the Free Church, attended by 40 Scholars of both sexes. The master's name is Robert Strachan |
|
|
OS1/14/14/32 |
MOSSHOLES |
Mossholes
Mossholes
Mossholes
Mossholes |
David Clarke Occupier
Rent Receipt
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Mr. Black Clerk to Mr. Waugh, Carlogie Ho. [House] |
045 |
[Situation] In the western side of the parish
A Small thatched house having a few of acres of land attached, occupied by David Clarke and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/32 |
CURLEYS |
Curleys
Curleys
Curleys
Curleys
Curlays |
Peter Smart occupier
David Lindsay Currend
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57/8
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the western side of the parish.
A farmhouse with offices and farm of land attached occupied by Peter Smart and property of Lord Panmure, On a rising ground or Small hillock a short distance South East of this house, there were found some 30 years ago four or five stone Coffins containing portions of Human bones The place where the Coffins were found is marked on Trace |
|
|
OS1/14/14/32 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 32
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 10 Trace 3 |
|
OS1/14/14/33 |
BIRNS |
Birns
Birns
Birns
Birns |
Mr. John Fife Occupier
Mr. David Hume East Skichen
Mr. James Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Ainslies Co. map |
045 |
[Situation] In the west corner of the parish.
A farm house with offices and farm attached occupied by Mr. John Fife and property of the Right Honble. [Honourable] Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/33 |
WEST SKICHEN |
West Skichen
West Skichen
West Skichen
West Skichen
W. [West] Skichine |
George Adam West Skichen
David Hume East Skichen
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57/8
Mr. James Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the west Corner of the parish.
A farm house having offices and farm of land attached, in the possession of George Adam and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/33 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 33
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 10 Trace 4 |
|
OS1/14/14/33A |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 33a
O.S. [Ordnance Survey] Milton
31:7:/58
Sir
There are two schools in this Ph. [Parish]
receiving Small sums yearly
from the Free Church. One is
called "Podge School", and the
other (having no name) is
situated near to and south
from the Currend. Neither
of them, the minister states,
ought to be termed "Free Church
School". It is in contemplation
to build a school next
year in this Ph. [Parish] wholly in
Connection with the Free
Church, and which will be
called "Free Church School"
I write this merely to save
remarks from the office on
the subject.
[signed] J. Keely
2nd Cor: RE [2nd Corporal Royal Engineers]
Major Cooke RE [Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/34 |
DYKEHEAD |
Dykehead
Dykehead
Dykehead
Dykehead
E. [East] Dykehead |
Mr. David Hume East Skichen
John Fife Birns
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57/8
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the western end of the parish
This name applies to two small thatched Cottages, (a short distance Westward of Chamberlain Knowe) occupied by Agricultural laborers and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/34 |
CHAMBERLAIN KNOWE |
Chamberlain Knowe
Chamberlainknow
Chamberlainknow
Chamberlain Knowe
Chamberlain Knowe
Chamberlain Knowe |
Mr. John Lindsay occupier
Lease of Tack of Farm
Mr. David Hume East Skichen
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57/8
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Val: [Valuation] Roll 56/7
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell, Ph. [Parish] Minister
Mr. Black, Clerk to Mr. Waugh, Carlogie Ho. [House] |
045 |
[Situation] In the west end of the parish
A Farmhouse with offices and farm attached, occupied by John Lindsay and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/34 |
EAST SKICHEN |
East Skichen
East Skichen
East Skichen
East Skichen
E. [East] Skichine
East Skichnie |
Mr. David Hume East Skichen
Mr. George Adam West Skichen
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57/8
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Ainslies Co. [County] map
Valn. [Valuation] Roll 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the south-western end of the parish
A well built farmhouse having offices and farm attached occupied by David Hume and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/34 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 34
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 10 Trace 5 |
|
OS1/14/14/35 |
HAYHILLOCK |
Hay Hillock
Hay Hillock
Hay Hillock
Hayhillock
Hayhillock
Hayhillock
Hayhillock
Hayhillock |
John Martin Occupier
Rent receipt
David Hume East Skichen
Mr. Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Val: [Valuation] Roll /57/8
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell, Ph. [Parish] Minister
Mr. Black Clerk to Mr. Waugh
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the western end of the parish.
A small house with farm of land attached, Occupied by John Martin and property of Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/35 |
Site of CAIRN [Hayhillock] |
Site of Cairn |
John Martin Hay Hillock
James Lumgair Wedderswell
Mr. Hume Hillhead |
045 |
[Situation] About 19 Chains SSW [South South West] of Hayhillock
This applies to a part of a small hill or rising ground On the farm of East Skichen, where in former times a large Cairn of Stones stood, The stones were removed for the purpose of making drains and building walls, in their removal several stone Coffins were found in different parts of the Cairn, It is said the Coffins contained Urns in which were found fragments of Human bones |
|
|
OS1/14/14/35 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 35
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 Plan 10 Trace 6 |
|
OS1/14/14/36 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 36
Site of CAIRN page 35 [note]
There were several large Cairns in the parish almost all of which are now cleared away. The largest
of this kind was on the high ground of the farm of Skichen and extended over one fourth of an acre.
Hundreds of Cart loads of Stones for drains &c. were obtained from it. Several stone coffins con-
taining urns were found in different parts of the Cairn about six feet below the surface and each of
the urns contained some fragments of bones. Two of the urns were got out whole one of which
is said to be in the possession of the Society of Antiquaries in Edinburgh
New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] of Forfarshire p. [page] 357 |
|
OS1/14/14/37 |
HILLHEAD |
Hillhead |
Valuation Roll 1857&8
Mr. Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Mr. Robert Hume, Occupier |
045 |
[Situation] Near the central portion of the parish
A two-story Dwelling house, built of stone, arable Farm, and suitable offices attached, the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/37 |
TUTTIES NOOK |
Tutties Nook
Tutties Nook
Tutty's Nook
Tutties Nook
Tutties Nook |
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Mr Reid Schoolmaster
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow F.C. [Free Church] Minister
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell, Ph. [Parish] Minister
Mr. Black, Clerk to Mr. Waugh Carlogie Ho. [House] |
045 |
[Situation] In the central portion of the parish
A one-story Dwelling house with a few acres of land and suitable offices attached, the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/37 |
NEWFOLDS |
Newfolds
Newfolds
Newfolds
Newfolds |
Valuation Roll 1857&8
Mr. Taylor Parish Schoolmaster
Rent Receipt 1858
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] Nearly in the central portion of the parish
This name applies to some Laborers' cottages and arable land, forming part of the farm of Milton the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/37 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 37
Sheet 45 No 11 Traces 1 & 2 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/38 |
MILTON OF CARMYLLIE |
Milton of Carmyllie
Milton of Carmyllie
Milton of Carmyllie
Millton
Millton of Carmyllie |
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Revd [Reverend] Mr Bell, Minister
Revd [Reverend] Mr. Gow, Free ch [church] minister
Ainslies Co. [County] map
Valn. Roll of County 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] Near the Central portion of the parish
A small Village situated on the Dundee to Brechin road, and near which the Parish Church of Carmyllie is situated, the Elliot Water runs through it, and supplies the Mill.
There is a small corn mill in this village having a Mill Dam attached. The miller's name is Alexander Catter. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/38 |
CHURCH on Site of Our Lady's Chapel |
Church (Parish)
Church (Parish)
Church (Parish) |
Revd [Reverend] Mr Bell, Minister
Mr Taylor, Schoolmaster
Revd [Reverend] Mr Gow Free ch. [church] minister |
045 |
[Situation] Near the Central portion of the parish
This is a very old church (with graveyard attached) the age is not known but the Revd [Reverend] Mr Bell, the minister states that the outer walls formed part of the old R.C. [Roman Catholic] chapel which stood there before, it is seated for about 700, and there are about 340 Communicants. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/38 |
MILTON FARM |
Milton Farm
Milton Farm
Milton
Milton
Millton
Milton Farm |
Valuation Roll 1857&8
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Rent Receipt 1858
Mrs. Sheriff, occupier
Lease 1845
Valun. [Valuation] Roll of County 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the west side of Milton of Carmyllie
An arable farm with a substantially built Two-story Dwellinghouse, suitable offices &c attached the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/38 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 38
Sheet 45 No 11 Trace 3
Church on site of Chapel [note]
See extract from Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] in opposite page [page 39]
also correspondence annexed
[Page signed]
John W. Rider
Sapper R.E. [Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/39 |
Site of OUR LADY'S CHAPEL [parish church on] |
Site of Chapel |
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell, Ph. [Parish] Minister
Revd. Mr. Arkley Inverkeilor
D. Miller Esq: Arbroath |
045 |
[Situation] Near the Central portion of the parish
This chapel stood on the site of the present Parish Church. Its outer walls were used in the building of the present Church. It belonged to the diocese of Brechin, and was styled after the most glorious and Blessed Virgin Mary of Kermyle
See paper attached. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/39 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 39
Plan 45.11 trace 3 -- Parish of Carmyllie
[note]
See opposite page. [page 38]
The lands of Carmyllie at an early period were the property of the Abbey of Aber-
brothock but were not erected into a parochial charge till after the Reformation. Previous
to that time there was a chapel where the church now stands dedicated to the Virgin
Mary and mentioned in some old records as "Our Lady's Chapel of Carmylie"
where the monks from the Abbey of Aberbrothock performed divine
Service.
In 1609 an act of Parliament was passed which had been preceded it would appear
by decrees of the Church Courts ratifying and approving the erection of the Kirk of Carmyllie
into a parochial Charge and ordaining "the territory to be designed by the presbytery
to repair thereto in all time coming"
New Stat. Acct [Statistical Account] of Forfarshire p. [page] 355 |
|
OS1/14/14/39A |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 39A
[left hand margin of page]
Brechin Cartulary
Vol. [Volume] 1 p [page] 223
This account of the chapel of the Blessed
Virgin Mary of Kermyle, was transmitted to
me by Mr Miller, writer, Arbroath.
[signed] John Keely
2nd Cor. R.E. [Corporal Royal Engineers]
[Main text]
Chapel of St. Mary at Carmylie
The Chapel of Carmylie was founded
by David Strathauchin (Strachan) of
Carmylie, by his Charter dated 5th March
1500 (1501), which was confirmed by King
James IV on 20 January 1512 (1511).
David Strachan endowed his Chapel
with an annual rent of five merks
out of his manor of Carmylie and
mill; also with forty shillings annually
out of his other husbandry lands, and
four acres of Land at the east end
of Milton of Carmylie, with an acre
of Sward or Meadow on the south
side of the Mill Lead, and a toft
and garden in the Milton with past
-urage for four Cows thirty sheep &c
in the Common of Carmylie (Kermyle).
Dominie Malcolm Struble was appoint
ed perpetual Chaplain. The Chapel
was styled after the most glorious
and Blessed Virgin Mary of Kermyle
and the services were to be for the sal-
vation of the most excellent Prince
James the fourth, King of Scots, and
his ancestors, and successors, and for
the Salvation of the most Reverend
father in Christ William Bishop of Brech
-in and for the salvation of the souls
of the founder, and of Jonet Drummond
his spouse, and their children, fathers
and mothers, ancestors and successors,
and all the faithful departed.
Among other conditions of his Grant
David Strachan provided that the Chap
-lain should, during all the time of
his incumbency, keep a School for
the instruction of youth.
The
[continued on page 39B] |
|
OS1/14/14/39B |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 39B
[continued from page 39A]
The Parish of Carmylie was erected
by the Church Courts out of Lands
disjoined from the Parishes of Panbride
St. Vigeans and Inverkeillor; and the
erection was confirmed by an Act of
Parliament passed in the year 1609.
About the same time the present Parish
Church was erected, as it is believed,
on the site of St Mary's Chapel.
But the Chapel is often mentioned
in the titles of the lands of Carmylie
after it had merged into the Parish
Church. Thus on 16 November
1616 Patrick Strachan of Car-
mylie was served heir to his Brother
in the Estate of Carmylie, includ-
ing among others the patronage of
the Chapel of the Blessed Virgin
Mary at Carmylie. Again on 1st April
1662, George Earl of Panmure
is served heir to the Patronage of
the Chaplainry of Carmylie, called
"our Lady's Chapel," with the Church
Lands which pertained to the
Chaplainry. |
|
OS1/14/14/39C |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 39C
Corporal Keely Ordnance Survey
Milton Carmylie
Arbroath 6 July 1858
Dear Sir,
On my return from the country
I found your favor of 2d Inst. [Instant] and [new
salyour] copy of my notes regarding the
Chapel of the "Blessed Virgin of Kermylie"
I never was at Carnegie, but believe
that there is a tradition that a castle stood
there. Two writs in the Brechin Cartulary of the
year 1450, mention John Carnegy of that ilk among
other landed Proprietors in Angus, and James Carnegy
of that ilk is a witness to David Strachan's founda
tion Charter of the Chapel of Carmylie.
The last erection called a Castle
may have been built as you suppose after
1350. |
|
OS1/14/14/39C |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Words at end of second and beginning of third line of letter simply cannot be deciphered. |
OS1/14/14/40 |
Site of GLESTERLAW MARKET |
Glesterlaw Market (Site of)
Glesterlaw Market (Site of)
Glesterlaw Market (Site of) |
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Bell. Ph. [Parish] Minister
Mr. Mitchel Hillhead
Oliver & Boyd's Almanac 1858 |
045 |
[Situation] In the western portion of the parish
This market about 60 years ago was held on a moor west of the farm house of Hillhead. Mr. Mitchel of Hillhead pointed the site out to me having got the information from his father, who is dead. The words on trace are written at the spot where the market was generally held, though it often covered a large surface and was not always held on the same place. It was removed, a great many years ago, to another parish further north, where it is now held, and retains the old name. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/40 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 40
Plan 45.11 Trace 1 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/41 |
MANSE [nr parish church] |
Manse, Parish
Manse, Parish
Manse, Parish |
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Revd [Reverend] Mr Bell, Minister
Revd [Reverend] Mr. Gow, Free Church Minister |
045 |
[Situation] Near the east side of the parish Church
A good substantially built two story House with garden &c attached. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/41 |
Site of CARNEGIE CASTLE |
(Site of) Carnegie Castle |
Mr Scott, Carnegie
Mr Flemming, Mountquhir |
045 |
[Situation] Near the NE [North East] side of the farm steading of Carnegie
Mr Scott points out the site of this Castle and states that he has ploughed up parts of the foundation at various times, there are some of the stones (which are carved) used in the building of the farmsteading. It is supposed to have been built by the "Carnegies of Carnegie" who were the ancestors of the present Earls of South Esk, and took their name from the place. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/41 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 41
Sheet 45.11 Trace 3. & 4 |
|
OS1/14/14/41A |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 41A
Carnegie in Carmyllie
Land of the Lindsays – pages 193-4
We have already seen that the Lindsays were succeeded in the
barony of Ferne by the Carnegies towards the close of the 16th
century. The surname of this noble family was originall de
Balinhard, and is commonly said to have been assumed
from a small property in the parish of Arbirlot. Martin
of Clermont says that the first of them was constable of the Castle of
Kincardine, in William the Lion's time; but the
earliest genuine notice respecting them occurs about the
year 1230, when Gocelynus de Balinhard witnesses several
deeds betwixt the Abbeys of Arbroath and Balmerino. From
the fact of Gocelynus witnessing charters relating to Fifeshire
only (for, so far as known, he does not occur in any as an
Angus-shire baron), it might be inferred that he was
settled in Fife at the date of those deeds, and instead of
Balinhard in Arbirlot giving the surname to the family,
a descendant of Jocelynus may have conferred the name
on the lands.
As Jocelynus is a common Norman name, it is probable that his
progenitors had been among the Norman settlers in David's
time; but, the real ancestor of the Southesk branch was
John de Balinhard, who died about 1280, and his first
known property of Balinhard, wh. [which] lay in the middle of the
lordship of Panmure, was exchanged, or otherwise
parted with, by his great grandson for the lands
of Carnegie, in the ph. [parish] of Carmyllie, which
[continued on page 41B] |
|
OS1/14/14/41B |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 41B
[continued from page 41A]
he had from Sir Walter Maule about 1350.*
From these lands the progenitors of Carnegy
of Kinnaird assumed their surname and
title of "Carnegie of that ilk". |
|
OS1/14/14/41C |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 41C
O.S. [Ordnance Survey] Milton
3rd Augt [August] /58
I attach extracts from the Lands
of the Lindsays, from which it
may be in ferred that a
Castle once stood at Carnegie.
This may be presumed from the
fact of the lands of Carnegie
having been at one time in
possession of the ancestors of
the Earl of Southesk.
See also the communication from
A Jervise Esq:, author of the
"Lands of the Lindsays" attached
to the Name sheet (45-7) on
which Carmyllie Castle is
described.
[signed] J. Keely
2nd Cor: RE [2nd Corporal Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/41D |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 41D
Turriff
[left hand margin of page]
This communication was forwarded to me
by A. Jervise Esq: author of the "Lands
of the Lindsays" It was written in answer to
a letter from me respecting "Carnegie Castle"
See other side
[signed] J. Keely
2nd Cor: RE [Corporal Royal Engineers]
[Main text]
Turriff
If I were at Br[echin I]
could tell you better
about the lands of
Carnegie - so far, at
least as regards the
time that they passed
from the family of Carnegie
- There is no doubt but
there was a baronial
residence, altho' [although] of small
importance on the estate -
& as We have never been
very scrupulous in Scotd. [Scotland] in
giving the dignified name
of castle to buildings
that but little
deserve it, I think you
might safely give the
same here. I have
a MS. [manuscript] note about the
house of Carnegie at Brechin
dated 1719, but am not sure how it
is designated.
[Initialled] AJ
Carmyllie Castle was long
occupied by Strachans under the
Roman lords. |
|
OS1/14/14/41E |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 41E
Ordnance Survey
Milton Village
July 19th. /58
Sir
Mr. Scott of Carnegie in this
parish (Carmyllie) states
that a Castle once stood
on his farm, near to the
present dwelling house,
several of the [tre--] stones of it
are to be seen built into
his outbuildings. He
calls the castle, "Carnegie
Castle"
Are you of opinion that a
castle once stood here, and
is Mr. Scott correct in
designating it Carnegie
Castle?
Will you be kind enough
to forward me any in
formation you can respecting it
A. Jervise Esq:
Over |
|
OS1/14/14/42 |
ELLIOT WATER |
Elliot Water |
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
See Name Sheets of Arbirlot Parish for authorities |
045; 046 |
[Situation] Running through the Central portion of the parish
This stream rises in the west of the parish and flows through it in an easterly direction into Arbirlot Parish |
|
|
OS1/14/14/42 |
MOUNTQUHIR |
Mountquhir
Mountquhir
Montquhirr
Monquhir
Mountquhir
Mountquhir
Mountquhir |
Rent Receipt 1857
Mr Flemming, occupier
Valuation Roll 1857&8
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Fire Assurance policy
Mr. Black, Clerk to Mr. Waugh, Carlogie Ho. [House]
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the Southern portion of the parish
A one-story dwellinghouse with arable farm and suitable offices attached, the property of Lord Pamnure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/42 |
MUIRHEAD |
Muirhead
Muirhead
Muirhead
Muirhead |
Mr J. Souter, Carpenter
Valuation Roll 1857&8
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the southern portion of the parish.
This name applies to Dwellinghouse and Carpenter's shop, also to arable land forming part of Milton farm, the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/42 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 42
Sheet 45 No 11 Traces 1. 2. 3 6 & 5
[Page signed]
John W. Rider
Sapper R.E. [Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/43 |
NEW MAINS OF GUYND |
New Mains of Guynd
New Mains of Guynd
New Mains of Guynd |
Mr Davidson, Occupier
Valuation Roll, 1857&8
Mr. Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster |
045 |
[Situation] In the SE [South East] portion of the parish
A substantially built two story Dwelling house with arable farm and suitable offices attached, the property of J.A. Pierson Esqre. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/43 |
VILLABANK |
Villa Bank
Villa Bank
Villa Bank |
Mrs. Mitchell, occupier
J. Gordon, woodman
Mr Taylor |
045 |
[Situation] In the SE [South East] portion of the parish.
This name applies to three neatly built cottages situated in a fir wood about 20 chains north of the Arbroath road, the property of J.A. Pierson Esqre. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/43 |
SITSUNDRY MOOR |
Sitsundry Moor |
For authorities see Name Book of Arbirlot parish |
|
For descriptive remarks see Name Book of Arbirlot parish |
|
|
OS1/14/14/43 |
CARMYLLIE RAILWAY |
Carmyllie Railway |
For authorities see Name Book of Arbirlot parish |
|
For descriptive remarks see Name Book of Arbirlot parish |
|
|
OS1/14/14/43 |
BLACKDEN BRIDGE |
Blackden Bridge |
For authorities see Name Book of Arbirlot parish |
|
For descriptive remarks see Name Book of Arbirlot parish |
|
|
OS1/14/14/43 |
GOATS |
Goats
Goats
Goats
Goat |
Valuation Roll 1857&8
Mr. Taylor
Mr Doig, Grocer
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the southern portion of the parish.
A one story Dwelling house with arable farm suitable offices &c attached, the property of The Right Hon. [Honourable] Lord Panmure |
|
|
OS1/14/14/43 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 43
Sheet 45 Plan 12 Traces 2. 3. & 4 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/44 |
GUYND |
The Guynd
The Guynd
The Guynd
Guynd
Guynd |
J. A. Pierson Esqre. Proprietor
Estate Plan
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
Ainslies Co. [County] map
Valn. [Valuation] Roll of Co. [County] 1856-57 |
045 |
[Situation] In the southern portion of the parish
A Elegant Mansion, situated in a spacious Park which is surrounded by wood, and by the south side of which the Elliot water flows, the property of J.A. Pierson Esqre. There is an arable farm with offices attached |
|
|
OS1/14/14/44 |
GUYND DEN |
Guynd Den
Guynd Den
Guynd Den
Guynd Den |
J. A. Pierson Esqre.
Estate Plan
Mr Taylor
J Gordon, Woodman |
045 |
[Situation] In the SE [South East] end of the parish
A large closely wooded Den or Ravine which extends from Goat Farm Ho [House], to the junction of the Black Burn with Elliot water |
|
|
OS1/14/14/44 |
HARBOUR DEN |
Harbour Den
Harbour Den
Harbour Den |
J. A. Pierson Esqre.
Estate Plan
Mr Taylor |
045 |
[Situation] In the SE, [South East] end of the parish
A closely wooded Den which extends in a north-westerly direction from Guynd Den near "the Temple". |
|
|
OS1/14/14/44 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 44
Sheet 45 Plan 12 Traces 5 & 6 -- Parish of Carmyllie
Guynd [note]
It is evident the article "the" should not be
used in writing this name on a plan or map.
[Page signed]
John W. Rider
Sapper R.E. [Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/45 |
BLACK DEN |
Black Den
Black Den
Black Den
Black Den |
J. A. Pierson Esqre. Proprietor
Estate Plan
Mr Taylor, Parish Schoolmaster
J Gordon, Woodman |
045 |
[Situation] In the SE. [South East] end of the parish
A large closely wooded ravine which extends from the brdge to Guynd Den A stone coffin with bones in it was dug up here about one year ago by J Gordon by whom the spot was pointed out. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/45 |
THE TEMPLE |
The Temple
The Temple
The Temple
The Temple |
J. A. Pierson Esqre.
Estate Plan
Mr Taylor
J Gordon |
045 |
[Situation] In the SE [South East] corner of the parish at the east end of Harbour Den
A circular Building with dome shaped roof which was erected in 1833 to the memory of the late proprietor of this estate, J Ouchterlony Esqre |
|
|
OS1/14/14/45 |
ROMAN CAMP (Remains of) [Guynd] |
Roman Camp |
J. A. Pierson Esqre.
J Gordon, Woodman
Mr Taylor |
045 |
[Situation] In the SE [South East] corner of the parish
This camp is situated on a wooded eminence at the junction of Guynd Den, Black Den, and Harbour Den which form the boundary two thirds round the other part is bounded by a bank which Can still be traced. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/45 |
ELLIOT WATER |
Elliot Water |
see name sheets of Arbirlot Parish |
|
|
|
|
OS1/14/14/45 |
BLACK BURN |
Black Burn |
see name sheets of Arbirlot Parish |
|
|
|
|
OS1/14/14/45 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 45
Sheet 45 Plan 12 Trace 6 -- Parish of Carmyllie
Roman Camp [note]
Roman Character
This being a Roman Camp is very doubtful
See Extract in next page [page 46]
[Page signed]
John W. Rider
Sapper R.E. [Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/45A |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 45A
Roman Camp
The list of Antiquities, in which this camp is described
as being probably a Caledonian fort, and is
named Dunhead. Mr. Pierson, the proprietor of
the estate, read the remarks in the list of
Antiquities, and states that he always heard
it called a Roman camp, and knows nothing
about the name Dunhead. The persons
employed about the estate, who are acquainted
with the locality, have always known this
object as a Roman camp. See extract
from Forfarshire Illustrated
[signed] J.K.
2nd Cor: RE [Corporal Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/45B |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 45B
Forfarshire Illustrated (page 53)
"At Denhead, near the lower side of the plan-
tations of Guynd, there were, until within the
last thirty years, vestiges of a Roman
station"
The Roman station alluded
to is still traceable - See adjoining parish
Arbirlot for the name Denhead.
[signed] J. Keely
2nd Cor: RE [2nd Corporal Royal Engineers] |
|
OS1/14/14/46 |
BRAE OF CONON |
Brae of Conon
Brae of Conon
Brae of Conon |
Mr. Taylor
Mr. Kerr, occupier
Rent Receipt 1858 |
045 |
[Situation] In the east end of the parish.
A small cottage with pendicles of land attached. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/46 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 46
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 45 No. 12 Trace 3
[note to Roman Camp, page 45]
At the den of Guynd there are some vestiges of what appears to have been an encamp-
-ment or stronghold called Dunhead situated upon an eminence formed of two ravines called
the Black den and the Den of Guynd. It is of a triangular form and is precipitous on
two sides and has been defended on the other by a ditch and rough wall or dike. From its
name it is probable that it was originally a Caledonian Fort though it may afterwards have
been occupied by the Danes or Norwegians during some of their incursions upon the coast.
New Stat. Acct [Statistical Account] of Forfarshire p. [page] 358 |
|
OS1/14/14/47 |
WEDDERSWELL |
Wedderswell
Weatherswell |
Rent receipt for 1858
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Valuation Roll for 1856-7
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the SW. [South West] corner of the parish
A small thatched cottage with a few acres of land the property of Lord Panmure.
About 1/2 a mile South West from these houses (on trace 2) Mr. David Hume of East Skichen, when excavating a hillock, found several rude Stone Coffins a couple of feet below the surface. Fragments of human bones were in them, and inside one was an urn containing fragments of burnt human bones. These Coffins &c. Mr. Hume discovered about 30 years ago. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/47 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 47
Sheet 45 plan 14. -- Parish of Carmyllie. -- Trace 3 & 6.
[Note]
"In a small sandy hillock on the same farm "(Skichen)" there was discovered a few years ago
another coffin of a similar description about 3 feet below the surface containing an urn
of the rudest workmanship. Some black mould was found in the urn but no trace
of bones." New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] of Forfarshire p. [page] 357 |
|
OS1/14/14/48 |
CROMBIE DEN |
|
See Name Book for Parish of Monikie |
|
|
|
|
OS1/14/14/48 |
CROMBIE BURN |
|
See Name Book for Parish of Monikie |
|
|
|
|
OS1/14/14/48 |
HYNDCASTLE BURN |
|
See Name Book for Parish of Monikie |
|
|
|
|
OS1/14/14/48 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 48
[Note]
* These names to be written in General Index at O.M.O. [Ordnance Mapping Office] |
|
OS1/14/14/49 |
CARNEGIE |
Carnegie
Carnegy |
Rent receipt for 1858
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Ainslies Co. [County] map |
045 |
[Situation] In the south end of the parish.
A substantial dwelling house two storeys high, with arable and moor-land attatched, the property of Lord Panmure. About 1/4 mile north from this farm house (and on this farm), a man named William Clarke, when building a dyke or wall, between 30 and 40 years ago, found, a couple of feet below the surface, an urn containing some fragments of burnt bones. He broke the urn before getting it up, having unkowingly struck it with his shovel. William Clarke resides in the cottar houses attached to Carnegie farm. The spot where the urn was found is marked on trace 4. 45.11. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/49 |
SAUGHMONT |
Saughmont |
Valuation Roll 1857-58
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Mr. Scott of Carnegie
Valn. [Valuation] Roll for 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the South end of the parish
A small Cottage with a few acres of Arable and Moor-land, the property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/49 |
DUSTYDRUM |
Dustydrum
South & North Dusty Drums |
Rent receipt for 1857
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Valuation Roll for 1857-58
Valn. [Valuation] Roll 1856-7 |
045 |
[Situation] In the south end of the parish.
A substantial cottage with about 18 acres of arable land the Property of Lord Panmure. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/49 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 49
Sheet 45 plan 15 -- Parish of Carmyllie -- Traces 2. 3. & 4. |
|
OS1/14/14/50 |
BRUNTFAD |
Bruntfad |
Mr. Taylor Parish School-master
Mrs. Ireland Proprietor
Alexander Cowie, Tenant |
045 |
[Situation] In the South end of the parish.
A small cottage, with a few acres of arable land, sublet from the farm of Forth in Panbride Parish. |
|
|
OS1/14/14/50 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 50
Sheet 45 Plan 15 -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/51 |
CROSSDEN BURN |
Crossden Burn |
For authorities see Name Book of Arbirlot Parish |
045 |
[Situation] Running through the SE. [South East] corner of the parish
A small burn. The name applies from the houses on the western side of this trace to the junction of this burn with another (Greenford B. [Burn]) in Arbirlot parish. See N. [Name] Book of Arbirlot parish |
|
|
OS1/14/14/51 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 51
Plan 45.16 trace 1. -- Parish of Carmyllie |
|
OS1/14/14/52 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 52
[Blank page] |
|
OS1/14/14/53 |
HAWKSTONE |
Hawkstone |
Mr John Rait, Factor
James Gouk. South Mains
Mr. James Taylor Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster
Valuation Roll, 1857-58 |
046 |
[situation] In the NE [North East] corner of the parish.
A small Cottage on the farm of South Mains, the property of Robert Smart Esqre |
|
|
OS1/14/14/53 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 53
Parish of Carmyllie -- Sheet 46 Plan 1 Trace 1
[signed] James Carpenter C. Asst. [Civlian Assistant]
31st Decr [December] 1858
C. N. Martin Lt R.E. [Lieutenant Royal Engineers]
31.12.58. |
|
OS1/14/14/54 |
|
|
|
|
|
[Page] 54
[Volume] 14
OS1/14/14
[Date Stamp] ORDNANCE SURVEY M.S. STORE 12 FEB. [February] SOUTHAMPTON
FORFAR
PARISH OF CARMYLLIE
SHEET 39. No. 15 & 16.
SHEET 40. No. 13
SHEET 45. No. 2.3.4.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.14.15 & 16.
SHEET 46. No. 1.5 & 9. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|