Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/13/64/43

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
CHURCH [parish] Church (Ph.) [Parish]
Church (Ph.) [Parish]
Revd. [Reverend] George Wright Kingsbarns.
Mr. Latto. Schoolmaster. Kingsbarns
013 [situation] In the Village of Kingsbarns.
The parish Church is a stone building originally erected in 1631. but since it has been repaired and enlarged and fitted with pews for 650 sitters in 1811. there are about 108 free Seats and the remainder is divided among the heritors: the Church is well attended. the average number of Communicants is 350. The Ministers Stipend exclusive of element Money is 14 Chalders. and 5 bolls, one half Meal and the other half barley. and a glebe containing about 9½ Acres of good arable land. and a Manse and garden.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 43 -- Ph. [Parish of] Kingsbarns -- Plan 13C-- Trace 3

[Quotation] The Church is situated in the Village
And is Conveniently placed for the population.
It was built in 16351, and repaired, enlarged
and Commodiously fitted up Chiefly with
pews for 650 Sitters, at an expense of
nearly £800, in 1811.
New Stat: Acct. [Statistical Account]
page 99.

[signed] J.McDiarmid

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Chr1smac -Moderator, MaxInSpain