OS1/13/35/15
List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
---|---|---|---|---|
PILE LIGHTHOUSE ( Stationary White) | Pile Light House Pile Light House |
James Ireland Lightkeeper David Gilland Chesterhill |
003 | [situation] Nearly ¾ of a Mile N.N.W. [North North West] of the dwelling house of Canniepart. A Lighthouse within the low water mark on the River Tay. It is a small Circular wooden building erected on piles of wood Sunk in the bed of the river, the light being a clear white Stationary one about twelve feet above high water. There is two light Keepers to attend it during the night and one Keeper to attend it during the day. It was erected about 5 or Six years ago in Connection with the "West Light" and by the Same Light Company. since its erection the former "East Light" has never been used. |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 15Parish of Ferry
Plan 3A Trace No. 4
[signed]
James Carpenter C. Asst. [Civilian Assistant] 19th July 1854
RD Kerr Capt RE [Captain Royal Engineers] 20th August 1854
Transcribers who have contributed to this page.
Nora Edwards, MaxInSpain
Location information for this page.
Linked mapsheets.