List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Montague Martin Esqr.
Rev. [Reverend] John Lindsay
Provost Drysdale
Rev. [Reverend] J. Laurie Fogo Row
Post Mark
Valuation Roll
Plan of Helensburgh
017 A post town in the South East of the Parish of Row, erected into a Burgh of Barony in 1802, having for its superior Sir James Colquhoun of Luss, Bart. [Baronet]. It stands on the North side of the "Firth of Clyde" at the entrance to the "Gare Loch", and is mostly comprized of summer residences built on perpetual feu from Sir James Colquhoun, on whose estate the whole of the town stands. The Burgh proper extends from the boundary seperating "Cardross" & "Row" Parishes to the boundary wall of the estate of "Ardencaple". It is washed on the South by the "Firth of Clyde" & on the North is marked out by stones which proceed in a line with "Milligs Street". It is regularly laid out into streets running parallel with and going off at Right angles to each other. Several of the streets are still unfinished and are proposed to be considerably extended. All the streets bear names and are
Contd. [Continued] [on page 110]

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 109
Co. [County ] Dumbarton -- Row Parish

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Alison James- Moderator, CorrieBuidhe- Moderator

  Location information for this page.