List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
MAINS OF INVERUGIE Mains of Inverugie
Mains of Inverugie
Mains of Inverugie
A Boyd Esqr. Peterhead
William Scott occupier
A Park St Fergus
023.02 Applies to a very large farm steading and dwelling house &c situated on the north bank of the River Ugie and about one mile for its mouth: the property of Coln. [Colonel] Ferguson Pitfour House
Inverugie Bridge
Inverugie Bridge
Inverugie Bridge
Mr William Scott Mains of Inverugie
Mr Robert Lillie Inverugie
Mr A Park St Fergus
Statistical account by Rev. [Reverend] J. Craigie Minister St Fergus - 1795
023.02 Applies to a stone bridge of two arches across the River Ugie & about one mile west of the mouth of the river, and on the turnpike road leading from Peterhead to Fraserburgh.
"The only bridge in the parish is that over the Ugie on the road from Peterhead to Fraserburgh & Banff. It consists of two arches. The bridge was built in consequence of an act of Parliament for that effect in the reign of James 7th of Scotland & 2nd of England

Continued entries/extra info

[page] 56
St Fergus Parish

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Bizzy- Moderator, Susan Snowdon, Mary Arnold

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.