Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/4/28/29

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
BARNYARDS Barnyards
Barnyards
Barnyards
A. Boyd Esqr. Factor. Peterhead
Mr James Mess occupier
Mr Alexander Park St. Fergus
015.05 Applied to a small farm steading & dwelling house situated close by the village of St. Fergus. The property of Coln. [Colonel] Ferguson. Pitfour House
HALL Hall
Hall
Hall
Mr A. Walker St. Fergus
Mr A. Park St. Fergus
Revd [Reverend] J. Mitchell
015.05 Applies to a public hall erected in 1868; it is a plain building of brick with slated roof and one storey in height; it is used as a drill room by the Volunteer Riflemen and also used occasionally for concerts &c
SCHOOL (Girls) School
School
School
Mr A. Walker St. Fergus
Mr A. Park St. Fergus
Miss Murray Schoolmistress
015.05 Applies to a school for girls & little children & teached by a schoolmistress & has an average of about 30 scholars; erected & endowed about the year 1840 by Mr Mitchell. Pitfour

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 29
St. Fergus Parish

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Bizzy- Moderator, Susan Snowdon

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.