System Outage

We are migrating the servers that support this website to a new platform. Service will be affected for some time. Further information is available here.

OS1/3/41/74

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Branch of the COMMERCIAL BANK OF SCOTLAND [Kilwinning] Commercial Bank Mr Hugh King Manager
Revd. [Reverend] Doctor Campbell
Mr J Fullarton
016 This branch bank is at the East end of Howgate There is also a branch of the City of Glasgow bank on the ground floor of the Mother Lodge near church which is likely soon to be removed not noted on traces on the Authority of Agent or Manager. -
Site of THE ABBOT'S HOUSE Abbots House
Site of
Mr BracKenrig
Mr J Fullarton
Mr Henderson Banker
016 The ruins of this building were all removed about the year 1785 for the purpose of erecting Stables for the Earl of Eglinton. Mr Charles Brakenrig an old intelligent man about 81 years well remembers the building and also States that this portion of the then ruins were Styled Easter chammer or Easter chambers however the name Supplied is better Known to parties who interest themselves on Antequarian Matters. -

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 74
County of Ayr No. 21
Parish of Kilwinning

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Chr1smac -Moderator, DANIALSAN

  Location information for this page.