List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
FINNIE'S BOG Finnie's Bog
Finnie's Bog
Finnie's Bog
Mr McKell Lighthouse Keeper
Mr Motion Little Cumbrae
Mr D. McLaren Millport
228 A flat piece of rough pasture land, formerly marshy, but now drained
OLD LIGHTHOUSE (In Ruins) Old Lighthouse (Ruins of)
Old Lighthouse (Ruins of)
Old Lighthouse (Ruins of)
Old Lighthouse (Ruins of)
Old Lighthouse (Ruins of)
Mr McKell
Mr Motion
Mr McLaren
Johnston's Co [County] Map
Patersons History of Ayr
228 A circular tower situates on the highest part of the Little Cumbrae, now in ruins. This was the second lighthouse erected in Scotland, and was built about the year 1750, it was lighted by a coal fire There is now a new lighthouse on the west side of the island built in 1826, which is lighted with 15 oil lamps & silver reflectors

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 23

Transcriber's notes

Map situation numbers have been corrected during 19th Century.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Nellie- Moderator, Missus SW

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.