List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
HARBOUR OFFICE [Ardrossan] Harbour Office R. Cunningham Esqr.
Mr. Campbell
Mr. Maxton
016 This Establishment is at present do[ne] up in consequence of the Shipping trade all flowing to the modern Port of Ardrossan
NEW PIER [Saltcoats] New Pier Estate Map
Robert Cunningham Esqr.
Alexander Campbell
016 This Pier is the Continuation of the Original Pier and Harbour extending about 4 Chains in a South west direction to near the Inner Nebbock
SHOTTEND Shottend R. Cunningham Esqr.
016 This name is applied to the Rock on the side of the new Pier which is the western extremity
OLD PIERHEAD [Saltcoats] Old Pierhead R. Cunningham Esqr. Proprietor
Alexander Campbell
Robert Maxton
016 The extreme end of the Original Pier, named as supplied

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 103

John Bayly Capt. [Captain] RE [Royal Engineers]
30 April 1856
Copied from Plans of Stevenson

Transcriber's notes

The Harbour Office mentioned is possibly in Saltcoats, not Ardrossan. The description remarks seem to refer to Saltcoats.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Nellie- Moderator

  Location information for this page.