List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
HAYTON ROAD [Woodside] Hayton Road
Hayton Road
Hayton Road
Keith & Gibbs Plan of Aberdeen (1862)
Post Office Directory. 1865-66.
George Emslie Esqr. Woodside Ho. [House].
075 This name applies to a Public Road leading from Woodside to Gordon's Mills. There are several neat built Cottages, and dwelling houses on it, occupied by the Workers at Gordon's Mills.
BRIDGE OF DON Bridge of Don
Bridge of Don
Bridge of Don
Courage's Survey of Aberdeen 1856
Keith & Gibbs Plan of Aberdeen (1862)
George Stables High St. Aberdeen
075 An elegant structure designed by the late John Smith Esqr. C.E. [Civil Engineer] City Architect, and executed by the late John Gibb Esqr. C.E. [Civil Engineer]. It has five arches and was erected, in 1827-31, at a cost of - including approaches- about £17,000 out of the funds left for the support of the Old Bridge of Don - or "Balgownie Brig".
Post Office Directory. 1866.67.
Commutation Road Plan. 1860
Mr. A. Napier, Asst. [Assistant] Inspector of Poor for Old Machar
075 A cluster of houses, with a fewshops, occupied by workers at the various mills adjoining they were built by Lord James Hay (Proprietor), hence the origin of the names Hayton Road etc.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 90
Parish of Old Machar

Note: Site of CHANRY PORT - Described in the Name Sheets of 1/500 Plans.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

GreenflyNZ, Kate51- Moderator

  Location information for this page.