OS1/1/69/57
List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
---|---|---|---|---|
CHURCH [Woodside] | Church Church Church |
Rev. [Reverend] William M. Keay, Incumbant Rev. [Reverend] A.F. Moir, F.C. [Free Church] Manse Mr James Muirson |
075 | A plain building, having a steeple on the North Side, erected in 1848 for the members of the Established Church, belonging to the parish of Woodside. It is seated for 1040. |
FREE CHURCH [Woodside] | Free Church Free Church Free Church |
Rev. [Reverend] A.F. Moir, Incumbant Rev. [Reverend] William M. Keay E.C. [Established Church] Manse Mr. James Muirson |
075 | A large plain building, erected in 1829 as a parish church, at the Disruption nearly the whole of the members joined the Free Church party, and the church and manse were given over to that body. It is seated for 1200. |
COTTON CHAPEL (Congregational) | Cotton Chapel (Congregational) Cotton Chapel (Congregational) Cotton Chapel (Congregational) |
Rev. [Reverend] James Strachan, Incumbant Rev. [Reverend] A.F. Moir Rev. [Reverend] William M. Keay |
075 | A plain building, erected about 70 years ago as a place of meeting for the sect called Congregationalists or Independants. It is seated for about 700. |
POLICE STATION [Woodside] | Police Office Police Office Police Office |
Aberdeen Directory Name on Front of House Sergt. [Sergeant] Morrison, County Police |
075 | A building, erected by the County, as a dwelling for a Constable, and as a temporary lock up. There being two cells for prisoners at the back of the building. |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 57Parish of Old Machar
Transcribers who have contributed to this page.
GreenflyNZ, Kate51- Moderator
Location information for this page.
Linked mapsheets.