List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
LORD CULLEN'S SCHOOL Lord Cullen's School Mr James Porter, Steward, Monymusk,
Revd. [Reverend] James Leng, Teacher
Revd. [Reverend] Alexander Ogilvie
Valuation Roll 1859-60
New Statistical Account
053 A large two storey house, slated and in good repair, It is partly supported by a bequeath from Lod Cullen, whose name it possesses, and partly by School fees, Its average number of attendants about Seventy, male and female,
CHAPEL (Site of) Chapel (Site of) Mr. James Porter
Mr. James Leng
Revd. [Reverend] Alexander Ogilvie
053 Situated a short distance east of Lord Cullen's School, There is scarcely anything of this place now remaining, Its dedicatory name and date of erection are both unknowed,

"Besides two Druidical Circles, one near the village, and the other on the side of a hill about 2 miles south-west of it, and the remains of a small chapel, surrounded with what appears to have been a burial ground, now covered with full grown beeches, and enclosed in the midst of a corn-field north of the Don."
New Statistical Account

There seems to be a doubt as to whether the enclosure, within which this chapel stands, is a Grave Yard or not, it is thought, by some, that the fence was erected to preserve the Chapel after it had been become a ruin.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 6
Aberdeenshire -- Ph. [Parish] of Monymusk

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, June Lobban

  Location information for this page.