List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
ST BRIDE'S CHAPEL (Remains of) St. Bride's Chapel (Remains of)
St. Bride's Chapel (Remains of)
St. Bride's Chapel (Remains of)
Revd. [Reverend] J Christie
Revd. [Reverend] William Christie
Mr. William Walker
051 This Chapel was formerly the Parish Church of Kildrummy and was dedicated to St. Bride the Tutelar of the Parish it was of small extent and was surrounded by graveyard and still exists as the burial ground of the Parish. All that now remains of the Chapel is an aisle built by one of the ancient Lords of Elphinstone and used by that family as a place of Sepulture, it was "restored by William 15th Lord Elphinstone A.D. 1862." Many of the stones of the old Chapel have been used to build family burial places within the graveyard, formerly "Chapel of the Loch"

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 89
Parish of Kildrummy

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, LBruce

  Location information for this page.