List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
KILDRUMMY Parish of Kildrummy
Parish of Kildrummy
Parish of Kildrummy
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Christie, Kildrummy
Mr. John Blackhall, Culsh,
Mr. Reid, Wester Clova.
042 ; 051 ; 061 ; 062 ; 063 [Continued from page 2]
Description Continued.
(founded in 1010) dedicated to St. Molloch (Banffshire) lies a few miles west from the Deveron. It was the Seat of one of the primitive monasteries and had its five dependent churches; About an equal distance from the River on the other side was another monastery at Clova or Cloveth as the place is called in ancient charters. Both these monasteries formed part of the original possessions of the See of Aberdeen and were confirmed to it by a bull of Pope Adrian IV in 1157." There appears also to have been a chapel on Machar's Haugh dedicated to St. Machar. The names Chapel Haugh and Chapel Ford are still applied to neighbouring localities. There was also a chapel on the Estate of Glenkindy, close by the Farm of Chapelton. It was dedicated to St. Ronald, and in old charters is usually designated Chapel Ronald; A burying ground was attached now long disused. the Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Christie of Kildrummy Manse has in his possession the only remaining moulded
Continued on page 4]

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 3
Parish of Kildrummy

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, LBruce

  Location information for this page.