List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
STONE CIRCLE [Standingstones] Druidical Temple
Druidical Temple
Druidical Temple
Druidical Temple
Mr. W.L. Henry Mill Croft of Finarcy
Mr. James Hogg Standingstones
Mr. John Coullie Teacher Cullerlie
Mr. George Baron Milton of Cullerlie
074 This is a Small Circle composed of eight round Stones each about four feet high and about twice as many in girth nearly equidistant from one another. It has no distinctive name and nothing is known about it in the Parish more than that it is called The Druidical Circle. the farmer who occupies the farm on which it is on is bound down in his Lease to preserve it - and not allow any of the Stones to be taken away. on the property of Major Innis Torphins
Standingstones, Redhill
Mr W.L. Henry
Mr. James Hogg Occupier
Mr John Coullie
Rent Receipt 1863
Valuation Roll.
Major Innes. Proprietor
074 A Small Farm Steading dwelling house and out offices one Storey high partly slated and partly thatched the property of Major Innis It takes its name from the Druidical Temple adjacent this is one of the houses on the district of Redhill that has a distinctive Name

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 35
County of Aberdeen -- Parish of Echt

[Note relating to 'Stone Circle'] - Written in compliance with a remark from Southampton

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, ElaineF

  Location information for this page.