List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
STONE CIRCLE [nr Tillysoul] Druidical Temple
Druidical Temple
Druidical Temple
Mr Robert Hampton
Estate Plan dated 1846
Mr. Alexander Watt
064 The remains of a Druidical place of worship, it consists of 8 unhewn stones, forming a circle, and all of different heights and dimensions. There is no tradition regarding this circle.
MUIR OF DALHERICK Muir of Dalherick
Muir of Dalherick
Muir of Dalherick
Muir of Dalherick
Dalherick Muir
Muir of Dalhairrack
moor of Daharick
Alexander McDonald Esqr. Factor. Cluny Castle
Mr. William Duncan Land Steward, Cluny Castle
Mr. William Downie Land Steward. Linton House
Valuation Roll1859-60
Estate Plan dated 1807
Plan of Corrennie Forest 1834
Fullarton's Gazeteer
072 This name is applied to a district, partly in Cluny and partly in Midmar, it was formerly a Commonty, but a few years since it was divided among the circumjactent proprietors, of which J. B Craigie of Linton House, an J. Gordon Esqr. of Cluny Castle are the principal.
"On the moor of Daherick, a battle is said to have been fought between Wallace and Cumyn, a rivulet that runs through that tract is called Douglas-burn, from the name of a hero who fell in this engagement" Fullarton's Gazeteer

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 40
Aberdeenshire Parish of Cluny

Stone Circle. Altered in accordance with an order from Southampton dated 10th Decr. [December] 1864

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Trondragirl- Moderator, Kate51- Moderator

  Location information for this page.