[Page] 42
[Continued from page 41]

second and thinner wall and there are indications
of it crossing the interior towards the S. [South] end.
The interior measurements, as far as ascertainable,
are length 140' breadth 66'. The
W. [West] wall appears to overlap at the S. [South] end and to
contain a chamber in rear of it but these details
are not accurately ascertainable without excavation.

Ring Mark Long Maiden Feys
In the Long Maiden Feys on the farm of
Blairbuie S. [South] of the Fell of Barhullion and
about 1/4 m. [mile] N. [North] of Laroch farm buildings is a
low flat outcrop of rock on the surface of
which there is a single large ring mark
consisting of 5 Concentric rings with no
radial groove, The symbol is slightly imperfect at one
side owing to a fracture of the rock (See rubbing)

Cup & ring Marks Big Balcraig
On the farm of Balcraig on the N. [North] side of the
road from Port William and about 1/4 W. [West] of
the Smithy at Myrton are a number of
cup and ring marks at the S. [South] end of a rock,
facing due N. [North] (see rubbings)
The rock is situated some [--] from
the road and may be identified by the thicket
of whin & blackthorn growing on the end of it.

Cup & ring Marks
To the E. [East] of the end of the wood which runs S. [South]
from Clarksburn Smithy is a rock sculp:
:tured with cup & ring markings. The field

[Continued on page 43]

Transcriber's notes

6 lines from bottom - missing distance is 130 yards (see the 'Fifth Report and Inventory of Monuments and Constructions in Galloway, Volume 2, County of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright' (1914))

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, mac1