Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/34/40/26

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
EBENEZER CHAPEL Ebenezer Chapel
Ebenezer Chapel
Ebenezer Chapel
Robert Gardiner Elder
John Brown S. [School] Master
Ticket on building
003 [Situation] On S. [South] side of Railway & close to Strawberry Bank Cottages

An Unornamental stone building With a Tile roof in good repair And now unused. It was formerly a barn but was purchased by the "Morrisonians" in the Year 1850 And by them Converted into a Chapel seated for 300 hearers it Continued to be used as Such until the Year 1854 when the Congregation became unable to Support it, hence its present disuse, the Average number of Attenders was 100. the Communicants about 40.
UNION CANAL COTTAGE Union Canal Cottage
Union Canal Cottage
Robert Gardiner
John Brown
003 [Situation] On N. [North] side of Canal & close to Lily Bank

A Small well built dwelling house two Storys high in good repair And occupied by the proprietor, attached to it is a small garden

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 26
Parish of Linlithgow -- Sheet 3 -- Trace 3

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Moira L- Moderator, louisetherapist

  Location information for this page.