List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
County Hall
County Hall
Mr R. Gen
Mr Henderson
J. Hardy Esqre.
Situation [On the N. [North] side, & joined to the "Town House"
A very neat stone building on the N. [North] and at Right Angles to the Town House to which it is joined - It was erected in 1821 as indicated by the Year being cut over a window in the East Side - It is two storeys high and slated, having projecting mouldings at the top. The ground floor Contains the sheriffs private Room, Keepers Apartments and lobby, in which stand four Circular wooden pillars for supporting the floor above - The Original entrance was on the N. [North] Close to the Town House, but has been Converted into a window, it wide & Arched, the present entrance, exclusive of that through the Keepers rooms, is by a door leading from the Court House & opening on a tripple flight of

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 39
Town of Linlithgow -- 5 feet Sheet 1 Trace 4

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.


  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.