List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
MOREBATTLE [Parish] Morebattle (Parish) continued - [Continued from page 3]
St. Laurence was the Patron Saint. A well below the churchyard which supplies the Village with water, still bears his name, corrupted into "Lawrie's Well".
At one time or period, there had been a Chapel at Clifton, then a Village, and another at Whitton.
The Manse was built in 1830. The accommodation is large.
The Stipend, as modified at the last augmentation is 16 Chalders, half Barley, half oatmeal, with £. 8.6.8 for communion elements.
The Glebe consists of about 11 acres of very good land.
[Continued on page 5]

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 4
Parish of Morebattle
[Signed] W Beatty

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Trondragirl- Moderator, Bizzy- Moderator, Nora Edwards, Catherine Rice

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.