Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

OS1/29/21/33

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
DISPENSARY Dispensary Map of Kelso
Mr. Waldie Kelso
Mr. Rutherford Kelso
009.04 The oldest charitable Institution in the Town of Kelso, having been established in 1777, for the benefit of the sick poor of the town & district, principally through the philanthropic exertions of the late Hon. [Honourable] Mrs Baillie of Mellerstain & the late Dr. [Doctor] C. Douglas of Kelso.
This institution is Supported by Voluntary Contributions: its accumulated capital, however, being now so considerable as to make it independent of any very large amount of annual Subscriptions.
Patients are, under certain limitations, visited at their own houses, by the surgeons of the institution; and, in the institution-house, there are both wards for fever patients, and rooms for the performance of Surgical operations; to which have recently been added water & vapour baths, accessible, at a specified charge, to the Public generally.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 33
Town of Kelso Sheet No.4
[Signed] W. Beatty

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

CorrieBuidhe- Moderator, Margaret Litchfield

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.