List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
CASTLE GORACH (Unfinished) Castle Gorach
Castle Gorach
Castle Gorach
Mr John Sproxton, Uplands
Mr MacKenzie Bookseller Dingwall
Baillie Munro, Dingwall
076 This is the ruins of a castle on the south face of Tullich Hill which was never completed nor inhabited. It was built between 1760 and 1770. Three of the front towers only, were built about 30 feet high, the centre one only being roofed. It is about half a mile north of Tullich Castle. Proprietor D Davidson Esqr, Tullich
Donald McLennan Tent
Finlay McLennan Tent
County Valuation Roll 1869-70
076 This name is applied to several small crofts which lie at the west side of Tullich Hill. The houses are all one story high, have outhouses attached, and are thatched and in good repair. Property of D Davidson Esqr, Tullich
Rent Receipt
Mr John Sproxton Tenant
County Valuation Roll
076 This is a large farm house, on the Tullich Hill, two stories high, with farm steading detached. the former is slated, and the latter is partly so, the other part being thatched. D Davidson, Esqr proprietor.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Linda T

  Location information for this page.