List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
Rev. [Reverend] E Robertson
Mr. George Hill
Mr. James Drummond Mains of Cultmalandie
097 The parish chruch of Tibbermore is seated to accommodate four hundred and fifty Sitters. No information can be obtained in the district respecting the date of its erection or by whom it was built, except from the date 1632 at the bottom of the belfry. It was repaired in 1808.

Continued entries/extra info

[page] 31
St Mary
Not considered advisable at Southampton to have this inserted on plan. T.L.

" St Serff's ,which was one of the three parishes that were united together at the
Reformation (and now forms the parish of Redgorton) was formerly the parish to which the
barony of Huntingtower belonged. Abbot Milne, in his history of the bishops of Dunkeld, gives a curious account
of the reason why that church was abandoned as the place of worship of the ancient family of Ruthven to whom the barony of Huntingtower belonged, and who had their residence in that ancient castle on the opposite side of the river Almond. He tells us "that a son of Lord Ruthven having come to this church to be baptized, was drowned in the River Almond in returning home, and that from that time the Church of St Mary's at Tippermuir, became the parish church of the whole lands on that side of the River"
New Statistical Account of Redgorton parish page 181.

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Trondragirl- Moderator, Robesur

  Location information for this page.