System Outage

We are migrating the servers that support this website to a new platform. Service will be affected for some time. Further information is available here.

OS1/25/75/74

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
CROSS [New Scone] Cross
Cross
Cross
Cross
Revd Dr [Reverend doctor] Crombie
Mr William keay
Mr James Neil
James Condie, Esqr.
086 The Cross in the village of New Scone was erected in 1831 by the Earl of Mansfield, who, instead of allowing the ancient Cross at Old Scone to be removed to New Scone, as the latter village wished, had a new stone cross made and erected where it now stand. It is a cylindrical column of freestone, ten inches in diameter, fourteen feet high, and stands in the centre of a square bench of four stone steps.

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 74
Parish of Scone

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Bizzy- Moderator, Brenda Pollock

  Location information for this page.