Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 26

The only antiquity in the parish worth mentioning is the remains of the old house at
Castleton, built by Archbishop Lamberton in 1320. It appears from some foundation stones
lately taken up to have been a building of Considerable Size. From the house down to
a Small Stream flowing past it, there are the remains of a Covered as if indicating from
the means employed to reach the water in Safety, that in these troubled times it was
occasionly Converted into a place of defence. All that now remains is apparently a
Small turret or corner of the building. New Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account] of Perthshire
p [page] 306

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Trondragirl- Moderator, Brenda Pollock

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.