OS1/25/26/61

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
SCHOOL (For Girls) [Newton of Pitcairns] Females School
Females School
James Duncan Newton of Pitcairns
James White Free Church School teacher
109 [Situation] The extreme N. [North] of Newton of Pitcairns
A neat School, with Teacher's residence attached Situated at the North side of the Free Church School in Newton of Pitcairns. It was erected in 1839 by Mrs. Veitch the former or late owner of pitcairns but is now the property of Lord Rollo of Duncrub The attendance at present is only 27 but generally it is attended by about 70 scholars. -
FINDONY MILL (Corn & Barley) Findony Mill (Corn & Barley)
Findony Mill (Corn & Barley)
Findony Mill (Corn & Barley)
Meal Mill at Findony
James Duncan
J. Sinclair Occupier
Property Documents
Findony Orthogy [Orthography] & Val. [Valuationn] Roll
Valn [Valuation] Roll 1857-8
109 [Situation] In the N. W. [North West] of Newton of Pitcairns
A Corn & Barley Mill on the Dunning Burn at the South Side of the Village Occupied by Mr. Sinclair; and the property of Lord Rollo.
DUN KNOCK Dun Knock
Dun Knock
Dun Knock
James Duncan
James White
William Thomson
109 [Situation] A few chains N. E. [North East] of Newton of Pitcairns
A Small but prominent Hill of a Conical shape, the greater part of which is planted; it is Situated on the East Side of the Suburb Called Newton of Pitcairns. on the Estate of Pitcairns, and South from Dunning. Whether there ever was a Camp on its Summit there is now no account either Traditional or otherwise existing

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 61
Parish of Dunning -- Sheet 109 No. 13 Trace 3

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Trondragirl- Moderator, Molly Miller

  Location information for this page.