List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
INNER LIGHTHOUSE [Leith] Inner Lighthouse
Inner Lighthouse
Mr P Dall Master R.N. [Royal Navy]
Mr. Andrews C.E. [Civil Engineer]
[Situation] On East Pier N. [North] of the Burgh of Leith
A small lighthouse on the east pier of Leith. it is the property of the Leith Dock commission, the light is a pale green and stationary. It is lighted when the tide increases to 10 feet water in the harbour and extinguished when decreased to the same height, It derives its name from its being the nearer light to the harbour.
Middle Craigs
Mr. P. Dall Supt.[Superintendent] of Docks
Mr. Andrews C.E. [Civil Engineer]
[Situation] About 1/2 mile N. by E. [North by East] from the Burgh of Leith
A large ledge of rocks, its bare and approachable at low water, it abounds with shell fish, on its southern side Stands a large iron cage called the "Safety Beacon" (see description)

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 3
Parish of South Leith

Inner Lighthouse [note] (Stationary, Green)

Transcriber's notes

This Name Book refers to Edinburgh 1852 - Sheet 08
OS large scale Scottish town plans, 1847-1895 - Scale: 1:1056

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Bizzy- Moderator, Trondragirl- Moderator, Christine Y

  Location information for this page.

  There are no linked mapsheets.