OS1/14/59/1

List of names as written Various modes of spelling Authorities for spelling Situation Description remarks
KIRRIEMU1R (Southern Division) Kirriemuir (Southern Division)

Kirriemuir (Southern Division)
Kirriemuir (Southern Division)
Kirriemuir (Southern Division)
Kirriemuir (Southern Division)
Kirriemuir (Southern Division)
Kirriemuir (Southern Division)
Kirriemuir (Southern Division)
Kirriemuir (Southern Division)
Old Stat: [Statistical] Account
New Stat: [Statistical] Account
Fullarton's Gazetteer
Sheriff's Returns
Valuation Roll
County Map
Estate Plans
Jervise's Memorials
D. Wilkie Esqr. Baillie
Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Ramsey Ph. [Parish] Minister
031; 032; 037; 038 "The southern or Strathmore district of this parish is bounded on the west and north-west by the parish of Kingoldrum; on the north by the parishes of Cortachy & Clova, and Tannadice; on the east by the parishes of Oathlaw, & Rescobie; on the south by the parishes of Forfar & Glamis; and on the south-west by the parish of Airlie. The only rivers in the parish are the South Esk and Prosen, the former takes its rise round the mountains of Clova & after receiving many tributaries in its progress falls into the sea at Montrose. The Prosen has its source in the N.W. [North West] extremity of the Northern division of this Parish, runs through the whole of the glen it is fed by many rivulets & falls into the Esk at Inverquharity. The only lake or loch in the parish of considerable extent is the Loch of Kinnordy which was imperfectly drained in 1740 & 1741. The Antiquities of this portion of the parish are Tumuli, Rocking & Standing Stones, A Cave or Weem
[continued on page 2]

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 1

  Transcribers who have contributed to this page.

Alison James- Moderator, Alice Bremner

  Location information for this page.