OS1/14/57/13
List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
---|---|---|---|---|
OLD FRIOCK | Old Friock Old Friock Old Friock |
Revd. [Reverend] James Black Friockhiem Manse William Fife Alehousehill |
040 | [Situation] About ¼ mile S.W. [South West] of Friockheim. Two cottages on the farm of Friock Mains they are slated & in good repair. It was originally intended to have been a Mansion, but through some means or other failed, although the foundation was laid. Proprietor Mr. Gardyne of Middleton |
ARBROATH AND FORFAR RAILWAY | Arbroath & Forfar Railway Arbroath & Forfar Railway Arbroath & Forfar Railway |
Fullartons Imperial Gazetteer Statistical Account Compys. [Company's] Documents. |
033; 040 | [Situation] Through the N.En. [North Eastern] district. A railway beginning at the harbour of Arbroath & terminating in the Play Field of Forfar; its whole length is 15½ miles, with a rise of 220 feet; It was opened throughout its whole length 2nd. Jany. [January] 1839. The Scottish North Eastern Compy. [Company] have a lease of the line, & it is worked altogether by that Compys. [Company's] servants, & in strict conjunction with their Railway which has a junction at Guthrie. |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 13Parish of Kirkden -- Plan 40.5 Trace 1.
[Page signed]
Charles J Fearnside
Sr. R.E. [Sapper Royal Engineers]
Transcribers who have contributed to this page.
Alison James- Moderator, KBMW- Moderator
Location information for this page.